1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Shallow WR pool almost sinks Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 27, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,137 Messages
    6,918 Likes Received
    Miles Austin's absence more painful for Tony Romo than fractured rib vs. Redskins

By Tim MacMahon
    ESPNDallas.com
    Archive

ARLINGTON, Texas -- There won't be many more frustrating wins in Romo's career. For a quarterback who has been criticized for not being a take-charge guy, he sure spent a lot of the night at Cowboys Stadium ranting at teammates.

"Tony had some words for me, not all of them warming, but it's all good," said receiver Kevin Ogletree, the subject of several rants. "It's tough love."

Added Romo, who completed 22 of 36 passes for 255 yards but had his 20-game touchdown streak snapped:

"There were a lot of mistakes that didn't sit well with me. We'll correct that tomorrow. That's part of the game, especially when you have young guys."

Read the Ogletree's take (Hilarious): http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7025402/dallas-cowboys-survive-lack-wr-depth
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey Olgetree it's called knowing your assignments! You've been in this system for 3 years now!

Ok I'm officially done with this chump... SMH!

:bang2:
  3. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Otree over Moss.....lol
  4. Ranzo

Ranzo New Member

646 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Goose said this am that he thinks Robinson starts this wkend, solving one issue. [I reckon this will free up The Tree to run bubble screens ad infinitum.] Says [Mr.] Robinson's [neighborhood] is an excellent route runner, reliable, real pro and Romo needs that stability right now. But as long as Romo has Witten he always has a chance even with Miles still ailing.

'Nother note, and I paraphrase, Goose thinks Det front four is the best we've seen in many moons. And facing Stafford then Brady is a world of difference from Alex Smith, Sanchez, and Wrecks. So true.

This Dallas O must get rolling again pronto.

Also made a good point about the OL and how it takes 6 years or more for them to gel and clearly this unit is green to begin with, plus they're was missing reps during the lockout. Could take another 8 wks to learn about this unit, esp run blocking.

But can Romo endure their learning curve?
  5. shockandroll

shockandroll New Member

1,632 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Robinson looks like a good pick up, I think he has a chance to do well in time.

Ogs disappoints more each week. He has physical skills but either lacks brains or motivation to learn the playbook.

Our oline has a lot of work to do this week, Romo might not get out of the 1st quarter.
  6. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,128 Messages
    1,825 Likes Received
    "Tony had some words for me, not all of them warming, but it's all good," said receiver Kevin Ogletree, the subject of several rants. "It's tough love."

No son, it's not 'all good'. This is your wake-up call that your NFL career is in serious jeopardy.

You can either realize that you need to work harder to keep playing at the NFL level or you can keep doing what you've been doing and throw this opportunity away.

The choice is yours.
  7. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    It's interesting that Romo seemed more in sync with Robinson last night than with receivers who have been with the team a few years.