1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Source: Doctors clear Felix Jones

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 23, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,345 Messages
    4,309 Likes Received
    By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

Dallas Cowboys running back Felix Jones has been medically cleared to practice before the start of training camp, according to a source.

Jones missed all of Dallas' offseason workouts while recovering from shoulder surgery.

The Cowboys open training camp Wednesday for quarterbacks, rookies and injured players in Irving, Texas. Jones, however, will be available to practice with the full squad July 30 in Oxnard, Calif.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...leared-practice-offseason-surgery-source-says
  2. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good news, as was hoped for in the case of FJ's recovery process. Hope he has a great TC and season. I'm one who doesn't happen to believe he's the bum or lost cause so many have written him off as being.

Looking forward to a healthy tandem of DeMarco Murray and Felix Jones at RB.
  3. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,512 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    just in time for him to be cut;)
  4. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,595 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    I agree with you.
  5. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,951 Messages
    661 Likes Received
    Don't know why people feel it necessary to take sides.

Dallas is blessed to have two good running backs.
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,801 Messages
    7,167 Likes Received
    I don't think he's a bum or a lost cause. But he clearly was a bad pick.
  7. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,864 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Yawn. Does anyone still care? Does it even matter at this point? He's Julius Jones, part II.

What makes it worse is at least we missed out on Stephen Jackson and settled for Jones because we traded for an extra 1st round pick and Jones was still one of the better of his class after Jackson (says a lot for the average quality of that class). Net win for Dallas (forgetting for now that the extra pick ended up being the equally worthless Marcus Spears-- at the time the Cowboys had no way of knowing that).

In Felix Jones' case the team missed out on Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, Matt Forte, and Rashard Mendenhall because they plain suck at drafting.

Scouts/Coaches maybe over-valued Jones because he was a Razorback and they were playing to whatever pleases the Jones family. Whatever the reason, man does it sting to see those others thrive while Felix underachieves and gets hurt every year in Dallas.
  8. wittenacious

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sorta picking nits, aren't you? I offered my opinion (took a side) due to recent thread posts claiming Felix might be traded, cut, or not re-signed after this season. I seem to recall Calvin Watkins and Bryan Broaddus recently having offered up such opinions, among many others who question whether Felix is worth keeping.

Why did you feel compelled to take a shot at my having shown my support for Felix, in light of recent questions about his ongoing value to the team? Knowing the slams will come, was my comment really that off base?

I agree. Wish it was looked at as being just that simple, but it never seems to be. Where Felix was drafted and his injury history have served to bring about negative opinions of him, posted all the time. I can understand, to a degree, but I think he's of more worth to the Cowboys than so many of his detractors do.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,319 Messages
    3,620 Likes Received
    A lot of folks on that band wagon.
  10. wittenacious

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No doubt about it.
  11. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,951 Messages
    661 Likes Received
    The statement I made was in support of what you said, not a shot at you.

I didn't say you feel it necessary to take sides.
  12. wittenacious

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Glad to hear that. Surprised me to read it the other way, coming from you. Wasn't sure what was meant. Sorry I went the wrong way in my interpretation. :(

I'll just go ahead and ask instead of wrongly assume what was meant next time. ;)
  13. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,033 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    Great news... Felix Jones is a big time weapon.