1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Spencer not fined for Brady hit.

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Plumfool, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Plumfool

Plumfool Active Member

721 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    IRVING, Texas -- Anthony Spencer was not fined for his second-quarter roughing the passer penalty on New England quarterback Tom Brady Sunday.

“It’s disappointing in the fact that they called it and you think maybe it wasn’t a penalty since you didn’t get fined for it,” Spencer said.

It was a pivotal play, however, because New England would have faced third and 9 from the Dallas 48. Instead the Patriots had first down from the Cowboys 33 and scored a touchdown five plays later. Brady was out of the pocket on the play but Spencer did not hit him flagrantly.

Read More: http://t.co/Apveq57I
  2. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,400 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    did he push him down a tad second too late? maybe.. was it really roughing the guy? not by a long stretch

instead they should fine him for utter stupidity on that running into the kicker penalty
  3. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,425 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    Both plays were dumb on his part. He has to be smarter in both situations. Other than that he played pretty well on Sunday.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,300 Messages
    1,771 Likes Received
    not much of one, heck other QB's get that slight push with nothing called.

As for the running into the kicker, he didn't you go back watch the slow mo replay Spencer never makes contact.
  5. bootyhunta

bootyhunta Member

490 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I thought it was a very iffy call, but you have to know the ref's are going to protect the NFL's poster boy.
  6. Doomsday101

75,300 Messages
    1,771 Likes Received
    I know others players have accused refs of being over protective of Brady.
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,722 Messages
    726 Likes Received
    He didn't do either. He took 1 step between the time the ball left Brady's hand and the time he touched him, which is within the rules.
  8. Plumfool

Plumfool Active Member

721 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    That's what I saw as well. I hate when players turn to refs looking for a call. That's nba crap.
  9. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,171 Messages
    715 Likes Received
    Weren't there some data a few weeks ago suggesting that Brady never got roughing calls?
  10. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It was horrible calls on both plays!
  11. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Spencer would have been fined, the Cowboys should have boycotted the NFL. That was a weak judgement call.
  12. Doomsday101

75,300 Messages
    1,771 Likes Received
    Did not see it but have seen many Pats games and I can say Brady gets a lot of roughing calls even some that have been highly questionable and a number of players who feel Brady gets over protected by the refs.