1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Terrance Williams: I'll beat press coverage

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 26, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,377 Messages
    4,322 Likes Received
    pr 26
    9:04
    PM CT

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys' third-round pick, wide receiver Terrance Williams from Baylor, said he's not afraid to take on press coverage, something he might face once his NFL career starts.

"Seeing press is not my biggest fear," Williams said Friday night. "At times I saw it in college, I destroyed it. I'm really not worried about press that much. I know how to beat it and I'm pretty sure they will teach me ways to beat it more, and I'm just trying to get better and learn from Dez Bryant, Miles Austin that will mean the world to me and get me ready for press coverage."

"Just watching him play, back in college when I was on scout team, I had to be him and that's somebody that I really, really liked," Williams said. "I'm going to get a chance to play beside him and that means the world to me because now I get to learn from one of the best, and somebody who can help me throughout this whole process, and he can bring the best out of me and I'm just ready to get to work and play football now."

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...nce-williams-says-he-will-beat-press-coverage
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,923 Messages
    1,305 Likes Received
    You know, I never spent a ton of time looking at WRs b/c I didn't think we'd take one before the 4th round or so. But man, I really like this kid.
  3. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,009 Messages
    152 Likes Received
    He lead the NCAA in receiving yards so he is doing something right. Glad to have him aboard.
  4. NorthTexan95

NorthTexan95 Active Member

1,223 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    I'm right there with you.
  5. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,591 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    Led the nation
  6. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I'm with you. Makes me wonder what they think of Cole and Coale. How many WR's are we going to keep this year?
  7. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,747 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    The best once in camp and preseason i assume

Dez and Miles are locks same for Williams since we spent a 3rd on him that leaves 2 or 3 spots left.

You have to think Harris is a front runner for one of those leaving 1 or 2 spots up for grabs
  8. cowboyz

cowboyz Active Member

1,719 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    if they keep 5

dez
    Austin
    Harris

Williams

battle for 5th
    coale
    Cole

they needed another big wr in case dez or Austin went down. And someone to groom. Still hoping for Laurent.
  9. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    So I'm wondering where Coale is gonna play? Is he a slot or what? I'm not familiar with him but you would have to think Cole is a good bet to make team with more experience and a chance to get an off-season. Gonna be a good battle come camp that's for sure.
  10. cnhnyy

cnhnyy Member

469 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I like this pick the most.
  11. Carl23

Carl23 Member

270 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    I know that a lot of folks are high on Harris but I just don't feel the same. The thing I like most about him is that he can play outside more than Coale or Cole. The Williams pick, in my mind, allows them to enter the season with any of the 5 WRs without having to worry if they play inside/outside.

**After watching some highlight vids, I noticed that he, seemingly, did not break a single tackle. He kind of reminds me of Kevin Williams from the 90's in that respect.**
  12. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,318 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    He is going to be 24, is he Patrick Crayton 2.0?
  13. Blast From The Past

Blast From The Past Active Member

877 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Wow this kid can produce. I never expected to see numbers like that in one college season from this guy.
  14. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,747 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    Harris is not going anywhere, the downside to every WR we had including Harris was that they couldn't play outside so because of Austin and his hammies we had to get someone who can. This pick has nothing to do with Harris or playing the slot.
  15. hutch1254

hutch1254 Well-Known Member

1,424 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    As much as I kind of scratched my head for moment over picking a WR if anything I'm glad it is this kid. I've watched a bunch of his games the last 2 years. He can produce. After digesting it I can understand why we took a WR. It's just not going to be popular due to other needs.

I do agree with with another poster on another thread...Williams can be a guy that gives us a legit deep threat that makes the safeties play deeper, LB's play a little more honest, which hopefully translates into opening the run game up a little more.
  16. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,779 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    I can't find a reason he wasn't picked before the end of the 2nd round.
  17. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,033 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    Stud... He runs well and is quick for a big WR. VERY GOOD HANDS!
  18. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,439 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    this!
    Harris is still playing slot. We shouldn't miss a beat when Austin goes down for his usual half season. :bang2:
    but yes, like TW alot. I would've picked Bailey over TW but am happy with TW.
  19. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

..you and Ren are correct: he was clearly drafted to replace Austin. Can't rely on him anymore....and haven't for quite some time. I think Harris will be great in the slot, I really do. Williams won't see the field too much this season IMO...until, as ghst187 pointed out: Austin pulls his BUTTOCKS again.:rolleyes:
  20. BruceCarter54

BruceCarter54 Member

53 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Ya really, on DC.com I read we considered taking him at 31 and 47 as well lol....