1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Tony Romo is Cowboys' senior voice

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 31, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,594 Messages
    3,461 Likes Received
    Entering his 10th season, quarterback has many new faces surrounding him

Updated: July 31, 2012, 2:26 AM ET
    By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

OXNARD, Calif. -- So many of the faces have changed over the past few years with the Dallas Cowboys that Tony Romo wonders who's staring back at him inside the huddle.

Along the offensive line, no starter from 2010 remains in the same position. Left tackle Tyron Smith was a freshman in high school when Tony Romo was a rookie with the Cowboys and a senior by the time Romo became the starting quarterback.

Miles Austin is the only wide receiver left from the 2009 season. The starting running back is different, too. The constant has been at tight end in seven-time Pro Bowler Jason Witten.

Just like that, Romo has become the Cowboys' sage.

At 32 and entering his 10th season, he is the oldest player on offense and the second oldest on the team.

"Well, it doesn't seem like that, that's for sure," Romo said. "I didn't play for the first three and a half seasons and missed basically a full season [2010] in another one. I guess I've only really played, five, five and a half seasons of football. It kind of feels like that, but 10 is definitely a big number."

Read more: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...-tony-romo-become-senior-voice-dallas-cowboys
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,977 Messages
    1,706 Likes Received
    This is why I was saying last season that he is still on the rise and is improving. I still think this is the case.
  3. TonyRomoRules

TonyRomoRules Member

35 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I agree with this 100%