1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Tony Romo OK if Cowboys draft a QB

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 24, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,467 Messages
    3,307 Likes Received
    Apr 24
    3:00
    PM CT
    By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The Cowboys have four quarterbacks on the roster: Tony Romo, Kyle Orton, Stephen McGee and Rudy Carpenter.

The Cowboys haven't ruled out drafting another one, but it doesn't appear that will happen.

If the Cowboys do draft a quarterback, the No. 1 guy has no problem with it.

"Nothing is up to me in any way," Romo said Tuesday. "I think the organization probably feels comfortable with what we have. If they get a guy, that’ll be fine. It’s all about the progression of different things. We just need to get guys that help our team, if a young guy can ever help you."

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...omo-is-ok-with-cowboys-drafting-a-quarterback
  2. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Tony knows they need someone to replace McGee. That guy is awful. Orton is solid, and perhaps one of the best back ups in the NFL. Orton also knows his role, and is happy with it. He's not a future starter, and he doesn't want to be Tebowed again.
  3. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,221 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Tony is a team player, and he knows he's not going to play forever
  4. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Kellen Moore!
  5. Rascal07

Rascal07 Member

35 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is McGee really terrible though? I don't think so, but what do I know.
  6. muck4doo

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Yes, he is. Look at Kitna as to what a back up should be. Kitna always gave 100%, even when the rest of the team wasn't. Then look at videos of McGee.
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,235 Messages
    2,802 Likes Received
    You don't think McGee was giving 100%?
  8. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,225 Messages
    1,970 Likes Received
    The fact that the Boyz spent some major coin on Orton tells you all you need to know about McGee, especially considering this is the last year of McGee's contract.

The dude is a scrub, he will be lucky to fight off Carpenter for 3rd string.
  9. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,225 Messages
    1,970 Likes Received

I dont think McGee was dogging it, he is just a scrub.
  10. Aikbach

Aikbach Active Member

9,606 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    he knows he has about three years of job security left before he starts looking over his shoulder.
  11. Aikbach

Aikbach Active Member

9,606 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    I thin kMcGee is a lot like Henson, gifted, not putting it all together, shows flashes but obviously the staff said Orton is available grab him which means there was not unanimous confidence that Mcgee could move up the depth chart from clip board holder to actually game planning as the back up.
  12. muck4doo

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    If McGee was giving 100%, then I feel real bad for the guy. I also do not want him on my Cowboys in the future.