1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

News: ESPND:Tony Romo Takes the Blame

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Sep 12, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,120 Messages
    118 Likes Received
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

83,207 Messages
    6,528 Likes Received
    I saw his post game really upset with himself. Best he can do is shake it off and move on.
  3. cowboyjoe

28,120 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    Very true, but romo needs to quit playing sandlot football and playing to have fun in situations like that, be smart instead, and get that silly smile smirk(golf smile) off of his face when makes a mistake. Get serious and determined instead and enough with the excuses!
  4. Doomsday101

83,207 Messages
    6,528 Likes Received
    I agree. As reading into a smirk give me a break. That is not costing them a damn thing. He made a big mistake and he needs to do a better job than that but all this other stuff is BS and by the way he made no excuse. People want to come down on him for his mistake fine he made it he has to take it but this other stuff is pure non sense
  5. mmillman

mmillman Well-Known Member

2,153 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    romo needs to do a better job managing the game, particularly in the red zone. this is a chronic problem with him. if he settles for three instead of that fumble, Dallas has a good chance of winning that game. It puts them up two scores late and puts all the pressure on the Jets.
  6. cowboyjoe

28,120 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    Thats where i disagree about the smirk. Romo isn't focused and at critical times like that, he is playing sand lot football. That has got to stop. Its fine to have a smirk, when you made a big play and opposing defenders are pissed off or you won the game, but not to have a smirk when you make a critical mistake. :cool: Doomsday, remember what romo says sometimes, he is having fun playing football. Get serious, not having fun at critical times like that. Loose that attitude smirk, when you cost the game.
  7. Doomsday101

83,207 Messages
    6,528 Likes Received
    Then we disagree, I think you take too much of the outside fluff crap and make up a story to fit your own mindset. Romo made a mistake plain and simple just like any other QB out there. Rothlisburger turned the ball over all day and I'm sure he will pick himself up and move forward as I expect Romo to do as well. This other stuff is in your own head
  8. cowboyjoe

28,120 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    No, I've had 2 other friends tell me look at that smirk, romo isnt serious. They said we need to get Luck QB. Now, I wont go that far. What I say this, and from what i saw on jason garrett's face, when romo missed the snap from costa, and when romo threw the ball way high out of bounds near end of game, to me Jason Garrett had a scowl look on his face.

How long are we going to give excuses for Romo? The fumble snap in playoff game on field goal, throwing to a safety and double coverage in cowboys giants playoff game, didnt see the safety that was all by himself in cowboys opening game at cowboys stadium.

The missed snaps when romo is looking else where when football was snapped. WE saw alot of that from gurode at times, so we mostly blamed gurode,now I am beginning to wonder.

Need me to go on? Yet, there is romo in a critical time like that, with a smirk on his face.

Now, I still feel that romo can do this, but he needs to be made accountable by jason garrett in some way.

For jason garrett to tell romo, dont do it again, ever. Lay the law down to romo, get serious and pay attention to detail. How about all the delay of games for the cowboys?

The QB is leading that huddle,but how many delay of games did we have last night?
  9. Doomsday101

83,207 Messages
    6,528 Likes Received
    Then I disagree with your 2 friends as well. He made a mistake he needs to move on. As Steve Maricucci said after the game Romo made a mistake he is still a great QB and would love to coach the guy. Again you look at what you precive as a smirk then put your own spin on how you see fit. What I see is a QB who made a critical mistake that cost the team nothing more nothing less.

You say he does not take the game seriously? how the hell would you know how Romo feels really this gets to the point of being stupid to take your view and put in on a guy based on a picture. Please many of your post are good but this DMN type crap you thrown out is a joke
  10. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,467 Messages
    1,244 Likes Received
    I see that game has started Joe on his anti-Romo crap again .....

I had just starting being able to stomach your posts again.

Sad.
  11. cowboyjoe

28,120 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    I understand your pain and aggrevation, I am aggrevated too. We had that game won last night, if played smart football at end of game.

About romo i am talking about critical times in game situations. They are saying that now, is romo a choke artist etc... even another announcer said romo cant keep making these type mistakes and cost the team, he is suppose to be the leader.

I still like romo, and think that Romo can do it. Go back and look at one of my posts here, my friends said we need another qb. I disagree. Make Romo accountable. I dont know how jason garrett needs to do that. But to me, when you have a smirk on your face at a critical time like that, your not focused and paying attention to detail. Your playing sand lot football, and having fun like romo has said over and over, he plays to have fun.

Just like Jerry Jones said, its about finishing, romo isnt finishing.

I know romo feels bad now, but how did romo feel when he had that smirk on his face. Thats the same smirk romo has at times playing golf. Forget having fun in critial times like that, this is what I am talking about, be serious, determined, grity.

Its all about taking that next step towards greatness and romo can do that, but he needs to be focused.

Most of us are all dejected, bitter, upset, aggravated, because we had that game won, and jason garrett had put the cowboys players into position to win.
  12. Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull Active Member

1,432 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lots of people have TIVO now- go rewatch the pregame and the first half. Check out the look on Romo's face each time. He was more focused than ever before. He looked different and played perfectly until that fumble. No excuses for that play- he needed to get down and take the points. He needed to throw the Dez pass away. But this infatuation with his hat is stupid. He cares plenty.
  13. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,467 Messages
    1,244 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  14. Doomsday101

83,207 Messages
    6,528 Likes Received
    I'm aggervated we let the game get away from us. Jerry is right we did not finish that includes Romo that includes some other plays late in the game that hurt us.

Where we disagree is taking the stupid comments that have nothing to do with the game as in what you call a smirk, it has nothing to do with anything it is in your head. He messed up he will take the heat for it and he will move on.

Maybe we should blame him on getting married as people did when he dated Simpson, maybe he wore his cap backwards that caused it. It is crap like this that get to be beyond stupid.

Anyone who wants to talk football and mistake or good plays within the game I'm completey open to it is this other made up crap that gets to be too much.
  15. Doomsday101

83,207 Messages
    6,528 Likes Received
    Exactly and did not need TIVO for that. On Romo fumble he tried to make a play I don't fault him for that but when you do that you better get the ball wrapped up so that the ball does not get knocked loose. On the int he expected a comeback rout but it was pretty clear Dez was struggling with his legs and should have either thrown that pass away or look else were to go with the ball. Either way it was on Romo.
  16. cowboyjoe

28,120 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    Again, I am not against romo, i still feel romo can turn this around, but tony has to be made accountable for some of those mistakes, and pay better attention to detail and stay focused in critical situations.
  17. cowboyjoe

28,120 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    I knew that would get a laugh out of you zrinkill. :D
  18. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I put the blame squarely on Romo for those two turnovers HOWEVER Joe D needs some blame for his poor special teams units....
  19. cowboyjoe

28,120 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    I have never ever said anything about romo wearing his cap backwards, ever. I wanted romo to get married and settle down. In fact I posted I wanted romo to get married.

But the smirk at a critical time like that, yes I have an issue with it. And one of my friends that said, Man, look at that smirk, he is an engineer, played football, high school and college. He knows football. And this is not cowboylarry, this is another friend of mine, that knows football. He said after that smirk, we need Luck, thats it.

I disagree with that, I still think Romo can do it, but he has to stay more focused in critical situations like that, and stay focused.

Let Jason Garrett get onto romo big time in some way. I dont know how, but do it.

Then move on, get that behind you, but learn from it.

I remember some QBS when they made a mistake like that, they had a mean look, nasty look, determined look, would even get in defenders faces.

Again, their saying on air, how many more chances is romo going to get. I still say, give romo that chance, but make it very clear and loud to him, dont do that again. Bad game ok, i understand that, all qbs have that now and they, but to give the game away,when you admit you blew it, stinks!
  20. Doomsday101

83,207 Messages
    6,528 Likes Received
    I'm sure the coaches will find a lot of blame to go around when meeting with the players this week, things we could have done better. To me more importantly than finding blame is correcting the mistake. Tough loss but Garrett is going to have to keep this team focused and not let them get to down in the dumps over it