1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Tony Romo's history vs. Steve Spagnuolo

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 21, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,056 Messages
    5,559 Likes Received
    Oct 21
    1:49
    PM CT
    By Todd Archer

Now in his third year with the Rams, Spagnuolo said he does not have many good memories of facing a Jason Garrett and Romo led offense.

“When I draw on that I get a headache,” Spagnuolo said. “I’ve got to get a bottle of Tylenol. You mention the two guys that make it go in a lot of ways. Jason does a great job of calling a great game. He’s tough to defend and certainly I have the upmost respect for Tony Romo. He’s really made us and this defense look bad many times so we’re trying to figure out a way not to let that happen on Sunday.”

Spagnuolo was 0-3 vs. Romo in the regular season in 2007-08. In those games Romo completed 55 of 82 passes for 836 yards with 10 touchdowns and two interceptions.

Read what Romo says: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4685455/tony-romos-history-vs-steve-spagnuolo
  2. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,710 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    Spags will the Eagles DC in 2012
  3. LandryFan

LandryFan Well-Known Member

2,072 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    There's a lot of talk lately about the "scheme" being important (and, obviously, the coordinator who runs the scheme), but what does not get a lot of mention are the personnel who actually carry out the scheme. It doesn't matter what Spags did with the Giants against Tony if he doesn't have at least equivelent talent to carry out that scheme with the Rams. This year's Rams are not the 09 G-men when it comes to defensive talent. Scheme all you want, but without the horses to execute it, it's almost useless.
  4. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    That playoff game, though... :mad:
  5. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Romo and Garrett just has his number...
  6. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,199 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    I think he gets a pass this year due to all of their injuries.