1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Unlucky 13: Crazy losses for Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 12, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,086 Messages
    5,626 Likes Received
    Dec 12
    12:56
    PM CT
    By Todd Archer

IRVING, Texas -- If you regularly come back to the thought that, 'Man, the Cowboys sure come up with some inventive ways to lose games,' you're right.

Since 2005, I have come up with 13 head-scratching losses that seem to define this franchise. And that does not include the humiliating 44-6 defeat at Philadelphia to close the 2008 season, which knocked the Cowboys out of a playoff spot.

Three of those losses have come this year. Three came last year. Two each in ’09, ’08 and ’06, and the one that kicked it off came on Sept. 19, 2005 (against Washington), when the Triplets – Michael Irvin, Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith - were inducted into the Ring of Honor.

It has been quite a roller-coaster ride, but without the fun part.

Read more about the 13 crazy losses: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4688047/a-look-at-13-inventive-losses
  2. SA_Gunslinger

SA_Gunslinger Official CZ Ea-girls hater

4,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was just thinking about running a similar list, except I plan on going back even further. It's truly become uncanny at this point. This list above is baffling enough, however.

I will definitely do this when I'm bored either over the holidays or in the offseason.
  3. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,502 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    you almost have to include the Detroit game this year in which Romo put on INT clinic and the game against steelers in 2008 when Romo thru pick 6 to end that game.
  4. CowboyManDan

CowboyManDan Well-Known Member

1,524 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    It's more than uncanny. It's just not right. It's so funny, because just last week my friends and are were having this same discussion about how toe Cowboys have the craziest losses. Other teams experience crazy losses, but not to the amount the Cowboys have in the past 10 years or so.
  5. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,196 Messages
    1,542 Likes Received
    it's almost funny reading seeing those all listed together...almost
  6. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    6 of the 13 have come with Garrett as the head coach. Not good.