1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Ware looking for multi-sack games

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 21, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,239 Messages
    7,067 Likes Received
    Nov 21
    1:54
    PM CT
    By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The last time Cowboys outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware had a full multi-sack game was Sept. 23 when he picked up two sacks against Tampa Bay.

Ware has recorded at least half a sack in every game since.

Last season, Ware had five multi-sack games, including 4.5 sacks the last three weeks of the regular season.

"I'm due for something," Ware said after Wednesday's practice. "I watch those pass rushers and they’ve been playing really well, it’s time for me to blossom a little bit."

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4701854/ware-looking-for-multi-sack-games
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,558 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    It was time for him to blossom 3 months ago when the season started. He's been a ghost too often this year.
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,294 Messages
    1,245 Likes Received
    He's set his own bar pretty high but I agree to some extent, he needs to have more in-game impact.

I don't care about his sack total, they're great for him as an individual but a great example between "a sack" and "a play" is like the Eagles game.

Both Ware and Spencer got to Foles and while Ware got his .5 sack, Spencer made "the play" by forcing the fumble which also allowed Hatcher to make "a play" by falling on it for a TD.

Ware should be measuring himself by plays like that, not just sacks at this point in his career. We get that he's a sack artist, one of the best to ever do it, but he needs to make more plays not pile stats. You can't be a virtual nonfactor for 3 quarters, get two sacks and say you had a good day.

On top of that, teams are now taking advantage of his sack chasing by drawing him in with play action and then going right where he was supposed to be.
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,558 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    Bingo. That's always been my, and I think a lot of other people's complaint about him. He's just not consistently disruptive.
  5. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    He's just not mean. If he struck fear into O lineman before he faced them it would be game over.
  6. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,136 Messages
    1,152 Likes Received
    I never got this. So are you saying you would WANT to get hit my Ware? Mean or not, those hits he puts on people are TOUGH to take. Especially the one RGIII took this past Thursday.
  7. FiveRings

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Hatcher had a big hit on RG3 but I don't remember the Ware one. And it's not just from a stand point of big hits, but it's like he has a smile on his face when he's rushing the passer, get a snarl, talk some trash! Do something. Also why I love Jared Allen. That dude is a bad SOB
  8. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No fear = double coverage on almost every play? Go back and watch the hit on RGIII. Looked like the hit that broke Romo's collarbone.
  9. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    He's definitely smiling here.

[IMG]
  10. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,145 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Ware is NOT our problem... SMH
  11. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Well-Known Member

819 Messages
    323 Likes Received
    That ref in the reverse-camera shot looks like he's witnessing a murder. There was fear on his face. :D
  12. FiveRings

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    That's not the fear I'm talking about, teams double team Ware because of the danger of a sack, teams double team Harrison and Allen because if they don't they're gonna be sending their QB flowers
  13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,775 Messages
    10,074 Likes Received
    Even if that's so, how does that effect the play on the field? You're still using two blockers on the guy.
  14. Yoshimitsu

Yoshimitsu Lurch

2,136 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Ware isn't really physical at the point of attack. He is a technician/finesse guy.
    He never was mean and physical.
  15. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You still haven't seen the hit on RGIII have you?
  16. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

lol....welcome to the NFCE Bob......
  17. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,484 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    It wasn't mentioned on the broadcast, but Ware did influence RG3's lone INT. He pushed his blocker into the feet of RG3 which kept him from completing his throwing motion; that's what made the ball sail.
  18. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    Is that why he has 31 career forced fumbles?
  19. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    DeMarcus Ware doesnt need any tough act to strike fear into the other team. Im quite sure everyone on the field knows he is there and have planned specifically for him, and they are worried.
  20. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,615 Messages
    1,193 Likes Received
    Oh, Ware slammed RG3 to the turf really hard. But RG3 completed the pass. :(