1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Watkins: Tough day on the job for Morris Claiborne

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 12, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,082 Messages
    4,012 Likes Received
    Cowboys rookie CB has bad game in Philly, but confidence in him remains high
    Nov 12
    9:20
    AM CT
    By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

PHILADELPHIA -- Morris Claiborne remembered the last time he was penalized five times in a game: Never.

In his last year at LSU, Claiborne was penalized just once.

On Sunday afternoon, the Dallas Cowboys' rookie cornerback was flagged twice for being offsides and three times for holding a wide receiver. He also gave up a touchdown, on an incredible one-handed catch by Riley Cooper in the first quarter.

But Claiborne is a talented player who had a bad day during the Cowboys' 38-23 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles.

"I think that I had a rough game out there and did not play my best," Claiborne said. "I got a lot of penalties called on me and I just have to learn from that. I just need to go back and get it fixed."

When opposing teams watch tape of the rookie, they see he's pressing receivers and not getting much deep help. Defensive coordinator Rob Ryan trusts his rookie corner to make plays in the passing game, and that's the smart thing to do.

After Claiborne struggled Sunday, you begin to wonder if more teams will take advantage.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...iborne-bad-day-confidence-rookie-remains-high
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,817 Messages
    1,239 Likes Received
    There's no excuse for the offsides, but I thought at least the call on Cooper was the wrong one. No idea why he just grabbed Maclin on that one play...he had a safety over top and wasn't really in that bad of position.
  3. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,841 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    I went back and watched that play a couple times. It looks like maclin pulls him into the contact early in the route. There was holding and hand fighting v both players imo. That's just the breaks.
  4. fffiasco

fffiasco Active Member

746 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    maclin grabbed him first and then mo grabbed him just to keep from falling. flag should have been on maclin imo
  5. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,012 Messages
    443 Likes Received
    Mo Claiborne is a rookie, he's only going to get better...