1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: With little work, Ryan Cook fills in at center

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 6, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,651 Messages
    4,774 Likes Received
    Sep 6
    11:00
    AM CT

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- That Cook took all but three snaps at center in the Cowboys’ 24-17 win is even more stunning, but he was pressed into duty when Phil Costa’s back tightened up in the first series.

“Average at best,” Cook said in describing his performance. “I think it took me awhile to get settled in. I hadn’t had many reps and really no reps with the (No. 1) offense. It took a little bit of an adjustment but now we’ve got a game under our belt and I look forward to next week.”

“Communication is a big factor,” Cook said. “These guys did a great job of helping me out with certain situations. We came up and made sure everybody was on the same page. That’s the No. 1 goal, make sure everybody’s on the same page.”

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...with-little-work-ryan-cook-fills-in-at-center
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,007 Messages
    1,397 Likes Received
    I think the communication thing is awesome to read. Tony was great at pointing things out and making the right calls, but with three new interior lineman, its good to hear they are working together as they are all learning on the fly.