1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: You can't fix Tony Romo

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 5, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,894 Messages
    3,847 Likes Received
    Oct 5
    9:30
    AM CT
    By Calvin Watkins

These talks we're having regarding the status of quarterback Tony Romo are rather silly. Can he be fixed?

Yeah, if you cut him. But that's not happening.

Romo is who he is at this stage of his career. If he doesn't know about protecting the ball in the late stages of games after starting in this league since 2006, then he never will.

Romo is a fantastic quarterback.

A man with 41 victories after 64 starts, which isn't better than Tom Brady (50), Ben Roethlisberger (46) or Phillip Rivers (46). Brady and Roethlisberger have Super Bowl rings to their credit, and Rivers is considered one of Romo's contemporaries. Romo is a top-15 quarterback, and most teams would love to have him on their roster.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4684865/you-cant-fix-tony-romo
  2. calicowboy54

calicowboy54 Member

198 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    To cut Romo is silly. To trade him is silly.

But drafting a quarterback in 2012 to replace Romo in two years?

That would be smart.

I agree with this statement.... if a QB falls to us in 1st or 2nd round we have to take them.
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There will be some very good QBs available in the draft... Just sayin'.
  4. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    It is embarrassing that we have to be stuck w/ someones village idiot, in Calvin Watkins.

I think he would do better covering horse racing and bass fishing news.

Gosh I hope you are reading this CW. You are embarrassing.
  5. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

2,981 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Someone needs to name these QBs for me. I dont follow college football that closely.
  6. DallasGirl50

DallasGirl50 New Member

2,025 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was hoping last year the Cowboys were going to take Andy Dalton at some point but they didn't so there you go....I agree that Tony can't be "fixed." He has been coached up for years...he does press conference one after another admitting he messed up. Well nothing has changed so it won't. I like the guy..I want him to lead us back to the SB. My faith in that happening is gone though. I hope I am wrong. And this year in Indy would be a great time to be proven wrong.
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,722 Messages
    3,222 Likes Received
    You got something against horse racing and bass fishing?