1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: espndallas:Cowboys practice report

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jul 28, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Cowboys practice report
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...t-3?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
    July, 28, 2011 Jul 287:40PM CTEmail Print Comments1 By Calvin WatkinsSAN ANTONIO -- This is the first of many Cowboys practice reports from the Alamodome.

The Cowboys on Thursday conducted their first series of practices with a walkthrough, which started late because the players had to vote to recertify as a union.

The second practice had several draft picks invovled, including first-round pick tackle Tyron Smith.
  2. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    "Quick thoughts:With no Marion Barber on the roster, it allows Felix Jones to become the starting running back and he did a nice job running the ball with the team in shells. Jones hit the holes smoothly and showed a quick burst. He did drop a screen pass for his only mistake of the day. ... The big problem with fullback Chris Gronkowski is holding blocks. Bradie James almost pushed Gronkowski back into Jones on a carry. ... Until Doug Free and Kyle Kosier are allowed to practice, here is the first-team offensive line: LT Tyron Smith, LG David Arkin, C Phil Costa, RG Montrae Holland and RT Sam Young."

I don't see any way we can have Gronkowski back. He needs to go.
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    He really does. This guy killed two players last year, someone save the other guys on the team and cut this fool.
  4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That bum needs to go... He's awful.
  5. mmohican29

mmohican29 Well-Known Member

2,464 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    I know he got Romo smeared, but I don't remember him being that awful otherwise... he has good hands out of the backfield and isn't a bad inside runner... am I wrong?
  6. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

5,009 Messages
    1,421 Likes Received
    Thats funny I just read someone say that Choice looked like the better back today. I guess we only see what we want to see.
  7. 8FOR!3

8FOR!3 Well-Known Member

1,361 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    I'm done defending Gronkowski, average fullbacks are a dime a dozen and he's not even average.

We need to trade for my boy from Coastal, Mike Tolbert! He was killin it over in San Diego last year.
  8. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I expect Chapas to beat him out easily.