1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: espndallas:Rob Ryan: 'We don't have to make excuses'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jul 28, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    espn_macmahonTim MacMahon
    Rob Ryan: 'We don't have to make excuses': SAN ANTONIO – Rob Ryan has promised that his Dallas Cowboys defense wi... http://es.pn/pTp38z

Rob Ryan: 'We don't have to make excuses'
    July, 28, 2011 Jul 2812:55PM CTEmail Print Comments By Tim MacMahonSAN ANTONIO – Rob Ryan has promised that his Dallas Cowboys defense will be great. He’s not interested in dwelling on the obstacles to greatness.

Ryan didn’t have an offseason to begin implementing his version of the 3-4 scheme. He certainly didn’t seem too concerned after his first practice as the Cowboys’ defensive coordinator, a walkthrough to open training camp Wednesday in the Alamodome.

“We’re going to get it,” Ryan said. “It’s not going to be a problem. We don’t have to make excuses. We’re going to be ready.”
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Just saw footage of him on NFLN, looking as "healthy" as every.

There was some debate between Dukes and Sapp last night about Rob (more so because he is a Ryan, not just cause he is who he is but because his name is Ryan and that's their style) being a guy who does things his way, call plays his way and they were wondering if Garrett will give him free reign or will Garrett throttle him down at times.
  3. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,911 Messages
    419 Likes Received
    confidence breeds confidence..or it is delusions..ah I forget
  4. beevomav

beevomav Active Member

274 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    If he is half as good as he is confident we are in for a ride.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    One thing about the Ryan clan there are not going to concede or give up be it Buddy, Rex or Rob.
  6. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    woohoo, now the dallas cowboys defenders are going to work, study,

and be prepared to kick other teams rear ends; Woohoo!
  7. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

4,420 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    I don't care if he hates Garrett and punches him on the sideline. If he gets the job done then let him do it. Worked for daddy and Chicago.

With that said, that will not be the case. Why?, Because this is Garrett's hire not Jerry's. Ryan impressed in the interview. Immediately took off the tie and jacket and got down to work. I'm sure Jerry has some sleepless nights about having a Ryan in Dallas but he let Garrett take control.
  8. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,128 Messages
    1,825 Likes Received
    I saw that.

Dukes was quick to try to stir up potential controversy.

But if it would possibly have been an issue, Jones and Garrett would never have made the hire.

They brought Ryan here to do what he does.
  9. ferrispata

ferrispata Active Member Zone Supporter

319 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Yeah I think we are going to see a real attitude with the D this year. They will be much improved.
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    Rob is going to be aggressive there is no prevent defense in his vocabulary. He will work these guys and have them buy into what he wants and expects from them. I still see areas of concern and hope we fix them but I do think Rob will get the max out of those who play for him
  11. Joshmvii

Joshmvii Cowboys baby!

2,658 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I've been wondering for years and years if the guys we had on defense just didn't have it in them to play with the type of fire you see from guys like Brian Dawkins or Ray Lewis, and didn't just look hungry every play, or if it was just lack of the right type of coaching.

This year I'm finally going to get my answer, and I think I'm going to like it. Seriously, you see defenses every year that have way less talented pass rushers and cornerbacks than we have with more consistent pressure and more takeaways. I think this is the year we finally have a defensive scheme that will really let these guys shine.
  12. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,128 Messages
    1,825 Likes Received
    I got fired up watching footage of Ryan and his cast of no names in Cleveland last year. He had very little to work with but the guys he did have were fired up!

I very much look forward to seeing that same energy level in Dallas, especially after last season.
  13. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,732 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Very encouraging! Git 'er done, Rob!!
  14. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,471 Messages
    703 Likes Received
    Don't expect the world the first year!!
  15. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No excuses, play football!!!!!!
  16. BARRYRAY

BARRYRAY Active Member

1,242 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Unless we add a pass rusher, a cb, a safety or two here I think you guys are drinking the cool aid.Does anybody remember how bad our defense was last year.I mean if you think coaching alone fixes this you should go buy some season tickets because Jerry needs guys like you.I guess I am ready for Jerry to get out the check book our draft did absolutely nothing about the defense.