1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPNDallas: Sean Lee qualifies for roster bonus

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Risen Star, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,833 Messages
    5,400 Likes Received
    IRVING, Texas -- With 820 snaps played to his credit in 2011, Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee qualified to earn a roster bonus of $510,000 provided he takes part in the full 2012 offseason program and training camp.

Given Lee’s work ethic, that shouldn’t be a problem.

Lee finished as the Cowboys’ leading tackle with 132 stops, according to the coaches’ stats. His 89 solo tackles were more than the total tackles put up by the Cowboys’ second-leading tackler Gerald Sensabaugh, who had 78 tackles.

He was guaranteed the $510,000 from when he signed his rookie deal in 2010, but now that he reached the playing-time threshold it comes off the books sooner.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4689416/sean-lee-qualifies-for-roster-bonus
  2. Romo2Bryant4Six

Romo2Bryant4Six Member

692 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks for the info.. From what I've read and heard, lee is a workaholic
  3. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    From what he has shown us so far, I'm going to guess he's working on his 2012 season already. This guy is more impressive than Witten when it comes to work ethic. Hopefully it's contagious.
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,512 Messages
    1,831 Likes Received
    820 snaps is a lot of snaps.

For $510,000 I'd be there too, lol. That's the easiest half-mil he'll ever make. Show up and lift weights and get better? Easy.
  5. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,219 Messages
    254 Likes Received
    Can't wait for Carter to step up to the plate and match up to what Lee put on the plate this season. That will improve Lee as well. That would be a strong and dominant pair that could push sideline to sideline.

I'd say a neat half mil trick as well...:starspin