1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN's Mortensen: Wade Phillips to become Cowboys coach

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by 50cent, Feb 8, 2007.

1. zeromaster

zeromaster New Member

2,575 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hate it all you like.:D

This is likely fairly short-term, and predicated on how close the Boys are to being in the big dance. Otherwise we'd see someone younger, in which case there'd be howling about learning curve, Jethro's influence, etc.

People seem to believe that getting Cowher or Fisher is just a matter of Jones opening the checkbook. They forget that (a) Cowher has strong ties to the east coast, especialy Carolina, and (b) Vince Young may provide ample reason for Fisher to stay where he is past next season.

Between Cowher and Fisher, there are what, 3 SB appearances and only 1 win between them since the mid-90's, and that comes with some interesting officiating? There are no guarantees there, just the comfort of a "name" hire.
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,104 Messages
    1,339 Likes Received
    HAHA...I stayed up til about 4:30 and that's about as much as I could handle.
  3. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,584 Messages
    527 Likes Received

I still haven't gone to sleep. And I'm not even tired.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    Too old to take over? give me a break this ideal that a HC must be young is a croock of BS. Coaches do not play the game and there is nothing being ran in the NFL by guys like Fisher or Cowher that was not around the NFL before these guys were even players. Phillips age clearly has not affected his ability to turn San Deigo defense into one of the tops. So stop the too old crude age has nothing to do with a man ability to coach.
  5. smarta5150

smarta5150 Mr. Wright

7,161 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It got a tad heated to say the least.

5 am bedtime here lol
  6. smarta5150

smarta5150 Mr. Wright

7,161 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Look at post 185 and then post 203.

I actually brought that point up first on this thread.

It was repeated several times throughout because LatinMind likes to turn his head to facts that hurt his arguements.