1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ESPN's Round the Clock Redskin Coverage

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BigD5, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,622 Messages
    1,103 Likes Received
    Reminds me of 2009. Typical December collapse talk reared its ugly head after the SD game, then we had the Saints who were 13-0 and we know what happened there. We played great ball from that point on up until the media got behind our backs right before the Vikings game.
  2. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,402 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    Stop watching is the best advice one could give. I stopped paying attention a few years ago and I swear my mood is nicer, my skin feels fresher, my breath minty-er, life is great. :D
  3. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,428 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    It was almost humorous actually. They did talk about the Cowboys, but only to show failed plays. Incomplete passes, fumbles, missed tackles.
  4. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,318 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    LOL it's almost like I want the media to continue to say bad stuff about us forever. You are right about the Viking playoff game. After we beat the Eagles the media puff us up again and we looked like we fell for it. I'm never one to blame the media for winning or losing but it does seem to work that way with the Cowboys.
  5. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,751 Messages
    748 Likes Received
    For your sake, I hope we win this one. May you have a very pleasant Monday:D .

As far as ESPN, I stopped watching a few years back too. Not too crazy about NFLN either.
  6. rdskn4eva

rdskn4eva Member

90 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I find this topic funny considering that no team in the NFL gets as much media coverage as the Dallas Cowboys.
  7. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,247 Messages
    785 Likes Received
    Being Cowboys fans, we have absolutely no place to complain about anyone else getting too much media coverage. Now you know how 31 other teams feel about the Cowboys.
  8. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,108 Messages
    1,464 Likes Received
    Unless you have lived there you have no idea how bad it is.

Its like having 3-4 million ******** morons singly focused on it. Its all they think about and talk about. TV, radio, newspaper, it dominates everything. Every thought. Every conversation. Every waking moment.

Seriously, its a mental illness Skins fans have. And its all fueled by their jealous hatred for the Cowboys.
  9. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,101 Messages
    1,433 Likes Received
    Americas Team....beat them, but you will never steal the name. The Dallas Cowboys could not care less about that name. It's what they are.

:starspin

You just want to be like the Cowboys.

;)
  10. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,108 Messages
    1,464 Likes Received
    If they aint Cowboys fans that is the way they SHOULD feel.
  11. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,183 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    I am sick and tired of redskins news especially RG3, he is the most athlete from our summer track organization. Great kid, but I am tired of him
  12. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

2,983 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Yup. They do it every year with different teams.
  13. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He will be talking about how soft our team is since it didn't practice on the skating rink at Valley Ranch.
  14. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,119 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    If you think what someone says is so stupid, why validate it w reply?

I don't care what an attention whore screams about. I care even less about those who justify it with a reply.
  15. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    I hadn't noticted.

Oh that's right... I haven't watched ESPN in over a decade. And for good reason.
  16. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Took my wife out to dinner tonight and they had ESPN on one of the big screens. They kept showing the Skins and RG3 over and over. I couldn't hear but I thought something had happened to them because of the intense coverage. It was on for 10 minutes at a time and they kept showing the Thanksgiving day "good" plays for the skins over and over but not a single positive play for the Cowboys.

I had to get up and go over to the bar where they had it on as well and ask what is going on. The guy at the bar said they were just talking about how great the Skins are.

I can't wait til we take them down a peg this week.
  17. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yet you replied. :D
  18. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,119 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    But I didn't go to ESPN to look for **** to be mad about.
  19. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,194 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    RG3 is over-hyped, but Cowboys fans being upset about someone else being over-covered is a little embarrassing.
  20. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,029 Messages
    3,963 Likes Received
    I was watching Mike and Mike this morning...and today they had Mike Hill and Robert Smith filling in.

They actually gave Romo props, but pointed out that he could pass for 300 yds and however many TDs and it wouldn't matter if the Cowboys lose. Because the perception will be Romo is 1-5, not the Cowboys. They briefly mentioned the playoff history and whatnot, but mainly they just talked about the Cowboys needing to win more than the Skins.

On the flip side, the Skins coverage, they just showed how the Skins were able to score 28 points in the 1st half. But not how the Cowboys rallied in the 2nd half and the defense tightened up.