1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ESPN's Round the Clock Redskin Coverage

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BigD5, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

5,678 Messages
    1,097 Likes Received
    I have a good feeling. Romo is in a zone .... the guys are talking right ... (it's a whole 'nother thing if they can excute right) ... and RedJ appears to have that killer instinct this week. As long as they leave it all on the field I may survive:laugh1:
  2. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Stop watching BSPN if you don't like their programming.
  3. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,018 Messages
    1,332 Likes Received
    Right, because it is pointless to talk about the "Almost come back" when Washington was playing a weak prevent style defense and they won the game.

There were no bright spots in the Washington game. They came in our house and literally embarrassed us.
  4. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,032 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    ESPN is just another ratings whore. They air stuff like that because they know the Cowboys have such a huge following, and they know most Cowboy fans will get outraged and tune in to watch more of they crap they spew out. Not me. I just ignore that channel. The only time I do watch is when a game that I want to see is on that channel and I have no choice.
  5. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    How does winning Sunday "change the perception of who he (Romo) is", as they're discussing on ESPN radio right now???

How is this game any different than the Eagles game in 2009?

The only way Romo can really change the perception of himself is to have a deep playoff run and play very well during it. If we win Sunday, then get thrashed the following week, the win over Washington might as well have never happened.

And Robert Griffin is the media's darling. ESPN will be devastated if the Redskins miss the playoffs.
  6. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,399 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    And how when the game started to get close again the Redskins responded with another score.
  7. ufcrules1

7,018 Messages
    1,332 Likes Received
    Umm.. I will settle for him winning another "win and you're in" game and then possibly another playoff game. He has only won one "win and you're in" game and one playoff game. If he has some more success it will go a long way for him in the eyes of many.
  8. ufcrules1

7,018 Messages
    1,332 Likes Received
    Shhhhssssh... keep those facts out of here. You are in the homerzone. :)

With that said, I think you are a closet Cowboys fan. No way you could be a part of this board since 2004 and not like this team. It's all good though.
  9. RGIII

RGIII Member

35 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    LOL, Cowboy fans complaining about another team getting more media coverage...........oh the irony. Our team has been horrible the past 20 years and rarely talked about. Even though the Cowboys miss the playoffs or go through the epic decline in December (with exception this year) ESPN won't get off their jocks and we have to hear every year about how great Dallas is and they should make a deep playoff run, etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah

And they still kept talking them up until this week after y'all got beat by the Saints. We still had to hear constantly about how great Romo is playing, etc. etc. Hell even though we were on a 5 game winning streak (before last week) and y'all were on a 3 game winning streak they kept having to buff you up and would say the Cowboys are hot, winners of the last 5 out of 6 like they had to make you comparable.

Kinda makes y'all sound like a bunch of crybabies complaining about the media talking about RGIII and the Skins more than the Boys for a whopping 4 days :D Y'all have had the past 20 years of over hyped media exposure, let us have our week.
  10. This is Our Year

This is Our Year Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike

1,396 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Reminds me of the first game of the season when basically NO ONE in the media gave us a shot to beat the Giants Opening Night in NY.
  11. RGIII

RGIII Member

35 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Well, the talk of the NFC every year has been Dallas/NYG and they toss in the Eagles the past two years in the offseason as the team to beat. Its just how it goes man. Like I said above, as a Redskins fan, we are never talked about or hyped up cause we have been so horrible for so many years until this year.
  12. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received

Im sure he has it blasting on the back nine.