1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Este es mi Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by basstapp, Apr 26, 2012.

1. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,144 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    This is my only and final mock draft. I will give my reasoning with each pick and possibly an alternative selection. I am not going to use any trade scenarios.

Round 1) Michael Brockers - I believe he will be the Tyron Smith of the draft. He is extremely young and raw, but possesses a great work ethic and with the right coaching he will be an anchor in our defense. For everyone saying he is the next Marcus Spears, the same people laughed when the Giants drafted JPP.

Round 2) Janoris Jenkins - I don't care if he smoked some weed and college and has some kids. He may have character concerns, but if you have a chance to land one of the best corners in the draft at 45 you do it. He would have the opportunity to start while Jenkins is fully recovering from his injury and then we have 4 great corners to start the season.

Round 3) Ben Jones - Lets round out our next hole and draft the kid who played in the SEC and knows what to do. He instantly takes over for Costa and gives us a great line to start the season.

Round 4) Jonathan Massaquoi - We need someone to replace Spencer with at the end of the year. He played at Troy and so did Ware. He is excellent at getting to the QB and has multiple moves to get there.

Round 4b) Russell Wilson - Love the guys work ethic. He is a bit short, but so is Drew Brees. I think he would benefit sitting under Romo and Orton for 3-4 years and ready to start when Romo retires.

Round 5) Joe Adams - It is a toss us between TY Hilton and Adams, but I take the guys who faced a more competitive schedule and walk out with some depth at WR.

Round 6) James Hanna -
    I take Hanna for his speed and size. Hopefully he develops into a solid contributor on the offense. We break the cycle and don't draft one of those pesky TE in the 2nd round yay!

Round 7) Coty Sensabaugh - I admit it, I like him because he is related to Sensy, but I think he could be a potential sleeper in the 7th round. If he is not available I may roll the dice and pick up the punter from Georgia.

Okay blast my mock if you wish :)
  2. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :facepalm:
  3. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh Baxter, you know I don't speak spanish.
  4. basstapp

1,144 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    He is worth the risk in the 2nd round.
  5. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,767 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    I would be happy with this draft. I hope we go defense with our first pick, I can't stand watching us get no pressure on the QB when ware is locked out. I love the Russell Wilson pick. I think he is going to be a real gem for someone. The guy is crazy smart and an incredible athlete with good accuracy on the run and romo-esque improvisation skills . It was amazing how he quickly he learned Wisconsin's offense.
  6. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You do realize that the red flags are not just "smoke weed" and fathering a child, don't you?

Did you not know about the multiple arrests and criminal charges, bar fights, the walking out on the coaches speech, threatening to quit, getting ejected for fighting during games, getting dismissed from a team, multiple failed drug tests, etc.?
  7. basstapp

1,144 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Multiple failed drug tests aligns with smoking weed.
    Getting Dismissed for a football team aligns with smoking weed.
    Football is physical some people get in fights (IE: Finnegan * Johnson )

Not saying he is an angel, but since leaving Florida he has yet to have an issue.
  8. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,056 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    Ummm... he admitted he smoked weed while he was at North Alabama. You know Garrett does not want anything to do with this guy.
  9. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,470 Messages
    804 Likes Received
    As countless other people have pointed out:

It's not the kind of mistakes he made, it's the fact he keeps making them. Any one of these offenses in the NFL is going to cost him at least a game if not more. He has shown a terrible lack of judgment. This is not someone you give millions of dollars to and hedge a position on. I would start to think about Burfict or him on the final day of the draft but not before.
  10. basstapp

1,144 Messages
    214 Likes Received

That is why some NFL teams have come out and said with their 1v1 interviews. He denies the allegations. If he didn't fail any drug tests at North Alabama then I believe him. Anyway that was my most controversial pick. Some people are still saying he may go in the first round due to his talent. In multiple interviews Jenkins says he has learned from his mistakes and has been incident free since being at North Alabama. In an article I read earlier he even quoted that he wishes to speak to kids about choices and plans to put his team on his back.

Just my thoughts worth the risk.
  11. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,979 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    No! Es un bandido!
  12. basstapp

1,144 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    I can understand concern with Jenkins, but what is wrong with Wilson ?
  13. Zimmy Lives

5,979 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    Wilson is a good pick; I did not remove him from the post because I was too lazy. :eek::

But Jenkins is un bandido!
  14. basstapp

1,144 Messages
    214 Likes Received

lol okay understandable. I personally would be thrilled with this mock even if we didn't land Jenkins in the 2nd there are multiple other CBs we could nab at that position.
  15. Zimmy Lives

5,979 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    Agreed. O-line might be the target in the 2nd but I heard Norm mention that some good small-school CB prospects would be available in the 3rd.
  16. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    Cool, he's a biker. Does he have a Harley?:)