1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Even if they win the division the boys are not going to do anything in the playoffs

Discussion in 'Rant Zone' started by cowboys#1, Dec 17, 2013.

1. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,407 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    horrible defense.

season is over.

i hate jerry
    CowboysYanksLakers likes this.
  2. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    I doubt they win the division. If they somehow manage to sneak in, I expect a blowout loss.
    Sarge likes this.
  3. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,953 Messages
    427 Likes Received
    I agree, it will be a very quick one and done!
  4. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

860 Messages
    378 Likes Received
    The worst thing that could happen to this team longterm, IMO, is to back into the playoffs and actually show up for a game, winning one to stay in the playoffs.
  5. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

700 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    incredible insight you have. I don't think one cowboys fan would disagree with you.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't like the shot.
  6. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,685 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    Homer Simpson: Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,301 Messages
    2,865 Likes Received
    You are correct but I think most of us accepted that truth a long time ago.
  8. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,834 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    We'd be better off tanking for a higher draft pick.
  9. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,606 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    I feel like I've read this thread before. Must be my deja vu
  10. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,685 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    That's just not how teams that control their own destiny with two games left approach the game.
  11. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,606 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    Okay, just to be difficult, living in Seattle, I'm constantly reminded of the game that for all intents and purposes, was the coming out party for "Beast Mode", AKA Marshawn Lynch. The Seahawks limped into the playoffs with a 7-9 record, after barely sneaking by the Rams at home. Nobody gave them a chance to beat the then Super Bowl defending champion NO Saints. Granted, the Saints had 2-3 very key injuries in that game, and Seattle played out of its mind, but it happened. You never know. We could win.

(Or, it could be like a couple years ago, when the Ravens went into KC and beat them 30-7).
  12. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,596 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    I enjoyed the Seattle game Sunday. Don't let the Cowboys rob you of watching good football theres only a few weeks left.
  13. Soth

Soth Active Member

335 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    They won't win the division. Look at our defense. I doubt we beat the skins.
  14. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,048 Messages
    761 Likes Received
    It's probably time to cheer the Boys on, try to match expectations with reality, hope for the best, and just enjoy the remaining games.
  15. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

3,574 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    Being in the playoffs is always better than not being in the playoffs. Even if you lose the first playoff game.

I consider the 2006 season to be more successful than the 2005 season for that reason.
    nake likes this.
  16. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,239 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I don't expect them to make the playoffs at all...I lost faith in the cowboys a long time ago. Hope they do something...that's all we can wish for at this point.
  17. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,230 Messages
    1,971 Likes Received
    Matt Flynn just curb stomped this team.......................yea, the same Matt Flynn that was cut by 3 teams this year (including the Raiders) and was 3rd string with the Pack................he said it was his best and funnest day he ever had in the NFL.

And you guys are actually talking about the playoffs.............................wow
  18. rat2k8

rat2k8 Active Member

558 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    When you least expect it the Boys tend to surprise their fans. My expectations are not very high but if you can get into the playoffs anything can happen.
  19. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,407 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    the defense has already surpassed last years defense as the franchises worst ever in history with two games left. they can't stop anybody.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,623 Messages
    1,431 Likes Received
    With the way we draft - it wouldn't mean much.

;)