1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ever wonder why some some fans

Discussion in 'Rant Zone' started by AmberBeer, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,235 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    You mentioned New Orleans and Detroit but those two teams didnt have the 70s and 90s to compare their teams to, we do.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,424 Messages
    1,475 Likes Received
    Thank you for the civil response.
  3. Hostile

118,424 Messages
    1,475 Likes Received
    All the more reason to admire them.
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,621 Messages
    1,945 Likes Received
    The above bold sentence is the single stupidest thought I have ever read in print in my entire life.
  5. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

9,802 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    I just want to say for the record, because I think there are a ton of people like myself on this board, I could not have been a bigger homer back in 2006. Romo was taking over and I thought if Parcells could reign in his bad tendencies (and I thought he would for sure) the sky was the limit for the kid. The defensive scheme needed some upgrading but we were on the cusp of being for real again. I actively and vehemently argued with those who disagreed.

Then Parcells left. And then the terrible Wade hire happened, which was awful, and that's when I started doubting again. Wade had the one great regular season, then the one bad playoff exit, then 44-6. When he wasn't immediately canned after 44-6, I was reborn again as a "negative Nancy".

The answer to the OP is that there a lot of folks here who lived through the horrible decline after the dynasty years. Then after the absolute nadir of the Campo Era, we got hope again with Parcells. But since he left - and that was the worst thing for both this franchise and Romo's career - we are once again mired to watching a once promising team descend back into mediocre crap.

I'm not "negative". I'm just done believing that Jerry Jones can ever build a winning franchise with a weak HC that will always follow his lead. Almost 20 years of history are on my side, as well as the other "negative" posters, and because he happened to cut an old guy who was going to count a whopping $16M against the cap doesn't change that.. And when I see the system changed where Jerry is no longer turning everything he touches into middle of the road suck, perhaps my blue colored glasses will come out again.

If you want to believe the window dressing we did for the defense this off-season is going to turn things around, more power to you. I don't agree. I'm not going to change your mind, you are not going to change mine. We'll see how the season plays out.

But for the love of all that is holy, can we stop the Negative Nancy vs. happy fan Wars? People have their opinions. Period. That's what a message board is for.
  6. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,206 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    The act of starting yet another inflammatory thread such as this suggests the OP enjoys in the negativity it generates... :cool:
    Section444, McLovin and RoyTheHammer like this.
  7. birdwells1

3,235 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    I guess it's kinda like growing up poor vs being rich and then becoming poor, the person that grew up poor never miss the finer things in life (SB, perenial playoffs, double digit wins) because they never had them but the person that had them knows what it's like and want do eveything in their power to get back.
    Section444 likes this.
  8. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Quoted for truth.
    Section444 likes this.
  9. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I think you can honestly say that things have always been very civil in our exchanges.
  10. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    You must live in a closet. In the real world, there are negatives everywhere. I have never bought into the positive/negative stuff. Everything in life has to be dealt with. Not facing facts doesn't help anything.
  11. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

2,834 Messages
    966 Likes Received
    I'm getting attacked by all the negative posters. How interesting.
  12. Hostile

118,424 Messages
    1,475 Likes Received
    I'd say that, yes. We disagree on this, and that is fine. That is healthy. I wish it was always like that.
  13. Hostile

118,424 Messages
    1,475 Likes Received
    It's an interesting analogy. I'll say that for you. I know how hard the game is. I know how much you need to always be thinking positive. I know how you have to be able to put it behind yo and look forward. I'm long past the days of playing the game, but I've never overcome the teachings of it. I treat the game the way I was taught to by good coaches. That's the best reason I can give for the way I am. As I said earlier in the thread, that is me. I don't immerse myself in negatives.
  14. birdwells1

3,235 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    Look, this team has some positives like the investment made in the oline and Dez. I think Romo and Witten are positives but I don't think neither will be around when we start really competing for a SB title again. Right now I can't really see anyone one on defense who's play equals a Dez or Smith on the offense, whose play that I can rely on. After looking around the league at, imo, are the 2 best teams (Sea and SF) I'm really certain now that the key to building a contender is to fortify the offensive line (to have an effective running game) and defensive line (to get to the qb). For too many years JJ has run the team like I pick my FF team, "as long as I have the Triplets I have a chance" but as the oline and dline eroded so did our chances. Then it was "as long as I have Romo, Dez, and Witten I have a chance to compete but without the talent on both lines all you will be able to do is compete for a division title but nothing more.

When we chose Martin with the first pick I didn't know much about him but what I did know is that he's an olineman and that alone was good enough for me because that signals a shift in thinking that has set this franchise back for some years now.
  15. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    You asked for it and I think it is clear that wanted attention from the negative posters. Don't act surprised when you get it.
  16. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

2,834 Messages
    966 Likes Received
    Actually, I'm not surprised at all.
  17. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,206 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    Oh,,, YOU'RE the one being attacked? lol,,, classic!
    Section444 and jnday like this.
  18. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    There is quite a bit of negative things going on with the team and if you choose to ignore them and avoid seeing the problems, you will never have any ideal how to fix them or even admit that they exist. The record should give hints though. I look at things different with this team and in life. There are always going to be negatives, I can deny it or fix the problem. In this case, discuss the problem. Jerry had this problem with the oline. He refused to think that the problem existed and even said that the oline was a strength on the team. When he woke up, the line was fixed. It was just several years late.
    Section444 likes this.
  19. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,217 Messages
    768 Likes Received
    You're getting exactly the responses you hoped to get when you started the thread.
  20. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    We have disagreed many times , but we gave always been civil and treated each other with respect. I think both of us try to treat those that disagree with us with respect until they give us a reason not to. I enjoy our discussions and I hope you do as well.
    Idgit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.