1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

every year i come to the first game of the season with the same excitement

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by thor_01, Sep 5, 2005.

1. thor_01

thor_01 New Member

451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i must admit that it would be easier to shoot down a satelite in orbit with an arrow, than to find a bigger Dallas Cowboys homer than me...............

every year i come to the first game of the season with the same excitement and expectancy of a 3 year old on Christmas morning.........

i always think that maybe this is the year my beloved boys make espn and the media eat crow like they use to, and return to their winning ways that i have become so accustom to........

and it was disappointing to say the least when those things did not come to pass over the last few years..........

but some how or another i can not be less excited about this season and the prospect of things to come, the possibilities as i see them are endless, so here and now i will go on record saying this is the year we make the turn around, this is the year we become contenders once again, this is the year when at last we break back out on top and make the playoffs, this is the year that i have anticipated since the beginning of the milenium, the birth of a new winning regime that should last for years to come...........

however if i am wrong again, and start looking at how strong the limbs in my mesquite trees are should i want to jump out of one, please do this old man a favor and hold the i told you so's. let Dale Hansen and ESPN be the ones to push me over the edge not my fellow fans and boarders,,,,,,,,,,,, :laugh2:
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,902 Messages
    2,711 Likes Received
    I really enjoyed that post. Nice job.

I have a real good feeling about 2005.
  3. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,914 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    cheers thor! :)
  4. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

5,871 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    I'm with you thor. The most I can hope for is that we are the team on all the talking heads "talking paper". You know how they do when they get on a band wagon. They ride it until you start rooting for that team to lose because they make you sick of them with their endless reporting and opening story on every sports cast. Let's hope everyone starts rooting for us to lose again.

I also want Bill to have fun with this. The more fun he has the longer he stays. Maybe he can even develop a love affair with Thompson, Spears, Ware, or Crayton. Somebody that he just doesn't want to leave until he gets them to the "big one".
  5. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    nice post, but I kept looking between the stars....:)
  6. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    We have a nucleus of fine young talent and veteran players....I veiw this season as a prelude to great things to come.
  7. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,854 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    I too enjoyed your post thor_1.

Enjoyable read and I feel the very same way as you, year after year.

Like Hos said, this could very well indeed be a special year for the Cowboys.
  8. Billy Bullocks

Billy Bullocks Active Member

4,075 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Me too. Except this year I actualy expect to get that new Shwinn Bike. And the BB Gun. The other years, I came hoping for them, but I was pretty sure that I would get a fruity *** sweater from grandma. You know, the ones taht have like birds or some other goofy stuff on em.
  9. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,960 Messages
    1,849 Likes Received
    I have a medium good feeling about 2005.
  10. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    99-02 I had no good vibes - Going into 2003 with Parcells I had a great Vibe and I really enjoyed that 10-6 playoff season. Was there at Pats prime time game where we held our own but Law made two picks and we fell short.

Last year with VT at QB and no FS, RCB. I never felt we had a chance.

I think this can be a special season.
  11. Badattitude

Badattitude Benched

622 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sorry to burst your bubble ...but we're getting shelled on Sunday - 31-9 - you know it...I know it...BP's Fat Aunt Sally knows it...
  12. Outlaw Heroes

Outlaw Heroes Well-Known Member

2,101 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

Transparent. Your posts are truly laughable, dude. Keep it up!! :thumbup:
  13. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ???????? SHELLED?

Best part of 3-4 move is we are ready to attack a 3-4 big. They are not ready for our weapons.

Roy SS - Please try and run over this 3-4 - PLEASE!
  14. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,396 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    I always had hope for the cowboys but never like this.This season is special I know it.

I get so excited about this team that I catch my self shouting out crazy things like
    "And the Dallas Cowboys are SUperbowl Champions once again!!!!!".And you know what? I actually have something in me that makes me believe it can happen.That extra little spark is something I havent felt since the early 90s.

Go COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
  15. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My expectations were forever shattered by the pickle juice game.
  16. Outlaw Heroes

Outlaw Heroes Well-Known Member

2,101 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    :lmao:
    BA rang his bell, and you trotted in, right on cue. Way to play the dog to BA's Pavlov.
  17. DallasDomination

6,396 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Maybe you mist it......." The 40 the 30 the 20 WOOOP! WOOOOP! can......... he............. go................ all............ the.......... way!... TouchDown Julius JOnes!!".

I said teh Chargers were gonna win this but I chnaged my mind Cowboys win 21-20 on a game winning field goal by CORTEZ (WOW)
  18. Badattitude

Badattitude Benched

622 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Madden06 creates dreams ...doesn't it.....
  19. DallasDomination

6,396 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    31-9 sounds like something a troll would say.
  20. Badattitude

Badattitude Benched

622 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Or a realist - We're on the road...opening Day ..playing a team thinking it's going to the SuperBowl..