1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Ex-Cowboy: Romo’s INTs were his fault, but Cowboys wouldn't have won 3 games w/o him

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 2, 2013.

1. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,673 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    A very true fact
  2. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,637 Messages
    758 Likes Received
    You say this why?

Doesn't Peyton have a quicker release than Romo?
  3. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,723 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    That's the problem for Romo though.he happens to have a bad game when it matters the most. This team goes as Tony goes! He needs help around him so he doesn't have to feel like it's on him every time
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,130 Messages
    4,329 Likes Received
    Mobility isn't his strong suit. Romo barely made it thru the season running for his life every week. I'm not sure Manning could have taken all the hits and lasted either.
  5. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    Time to draft Romo's replacement either this year or next.
  6. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,242 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    Time for you to support your local sheriff because he isn't leaving office anytime soon.
  7. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,700 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    Romo is generally considered to have the fastest release in the NFL. I know that Dilfer has ranked him #1 in his quarterbacks breakdown for fastest release several times, and they did a comparison several seasons ago on the NFL network comparing Romo to Marino and Romo's was actually a hair faster (though most experts still say Marino has the fastest release they've ever seen). I'm surprised that fans don't know that since its Romo's most obvious skill (he doesn't have a cannon or RGIII speed). DLs have always mentioned how fast Romo can get the ball out.
  8. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,490 Messages
    472 Likes Received
    So white is saying we lost out on a top 5 pick that might actually turn franchise around. Was his article to supposed to make us feel better :confused:
  9. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,066 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    Give me Payton Manning and we are in the SB.

Romo just doesn't have it. He's been a very expensive excuse for non-success of this franchise.

I really don't think Romo was ever really supposed to be more than a backup. But because Parcells had no choice, he got promoted because Bledsoe was washed up.

The failure of this franchase was the lack of vision to go ahead in the last 6 years and not drafting his potential replacement. We did the same thing when Aikman was at the end of his career.

No replacement and a decade of losing followed.

We are doomed to repeat this again.

I see a sharp decline in Romo going forward and we need to draft/trade now for his replacement. And I don't mean some FA signing or retread guy from another team.

I'd like us to draft a young QB we can start grooming and get him ready in say 2 years to take over.

Romo will be run out of town on a rail by then.

Take it to the bank.

It doesn't surprise me Danny White would come to his defense. Another Nar-Do-Well.

:starspin REdBaLL EXPreSS:starspin
  10. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,700 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    He was never supposed to be more than a backup yet he is going to retire owning every Cowboy passing record and is currently the 4th highest rated passer in league history? Making sense isn't exactly your strength, is it? I guess there's hope for Joe Webb yet.