1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Excited about the Defensive Back Seven

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ScipioCowboy, Aug 27, 2013.

1. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Preach! I don't mind him proving me wrong, but to act like he is any different than sensi is bs.
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

35,157 Messages
    11,766 Likes Received
    When blackbull likes a comment, you know you're either going heavy on the negativity, or light on the details. Or both. "He's not a very good football player' isn't really very specific. I don't think anyone thinks the guy's anything more than a veteran who played well in relief in PIT and who has previous experience in the TB system. Both of those things, though, are luxuries we didn't have after last year, especially after Barry Church was lost for the year and we started bringing in and giving significant snaps to street free agents.
  3. Andrei Kostitsyn

Andrei Kostitsyn Member

38 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Will Allen has looked really good this preseason. I'm a fan. Noticed him last season or two while watching the Steelers play. Tackles, plays tough and can cover.
  4. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye.

15,570 Messages
    2,825 Likes Received
    How did a general commentary on the Cowboys defensive back seven turn into a Will Allen bash-fest?
  5. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,868 Messages
    977 Likes Received
    The rant crew wandered over into your thread.

IF Lee and Carter are able to stay healthy I am excited about what not only the back 7 can do but about what the entire defense can accomplish.

Is this the season we finally see Romo and the offense get some defensive back up.

It'll be nice and should limit the risk taking.
    ScipioCowboy likes this.
  6. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,760 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    This thread is the first time i've ever heard the term "defensive back 7".

Sounds so odd..
  7. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

11,392 Messages
    2,775 Likes Received
    How is that possible?
    dogunwo likes this.
  8. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,760 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    Idk.. probably because no one ever refers to the LB's and DB's as a single unit, lol.
  9. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

11,392 Messages
    2,775 Likes Received
    What do you think they do in 7 on 7s?
  10. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    It don't take 22 elite starters to have a good season. Everyone knows Allen is a journeyman player but if he actually is the starter he's got some veteran savvy that could help direct the green safeties and even Claiborne. I don't have time to wait on the second coming of Darren Woodson to get optimistic. Do you?
  11. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

726 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Better.... Plus by mid season Wilcox should be ready to at least split time with him 50/50 or be the starter. Or if Matt Johnson ever gets healthy he could have the most ability of the 3
  12. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

726 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    He is an upgrade over Sensabaugh.... Allen was a back up on the Steelers so his stats won't reflect anything one of the better defenses in the league so no knock on him for not starting. He's a 1 year or even less patch job til the younger guys get ready, it was a good signing