1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Execution site discovered, eight suspects detained

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by zrinkill, Aug 25, 2007.

1. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,066 Messages
    805 Likes Received
    Execution site discovered, eight suspects detained
    Saturday, 25 August 2007

BAGHDAD, Iraq – Coalition Forces uncovered a terrorist execution site and a building suspected of being a car bomb factory during an operation Aug. 21-23 south of Baghdad.
    As Coalition Forces entered the Arab Jabour area, they immediately received small arms fire. The assault force returned fire, killing one terrorist.

During the 24-hour operation, Coalition Forces discovered an area used by terrorists as an execution and dumping site. The ground forces found human skulls, decomposing bodies and bones wrapped in bloody clothes. Wild dogs were rampant around the area, which was characterized by a crater where most of the human remains were dumped. Inside a nearby building, the ground forces found blood spatter and other signs indicating executions had taken place there. In another building, Coalition Forces found several improvised explosive devices in the area and a weapons cache that included trigger wires.

Intelligence reports indicate that al-Qaeda in Iraq operates in the area, and weapons caches in the area contain materials used in the Baghdad car-bombing network. Local Iraqis helped Coalition Forces find a stash of homemade explosives and a building that was suspected of being a car bomb factory. Inside the compound, the ground forces found numerous items used to make and mix homemade explosives for use in car bombs. An air strike destroyed the explosives cache. Eight suspected terrorists were detained during the operation for their association with al-Qaeda in Iraq and conducting terrorist activities in the Arab Jabour region.

“Al-Qaeda in Iraq members are ruthless terrorists who brutalize, torture, and murder innocent Iraqis in their campaign of senseless terror,” said Lt. Col. Christopher Garver, MNF-I spokesperson. “We will continue to hunt down and kill or capture these brutal terrorists who seek to deny Iraqis a future of their choice.”

http://www.mnf-iraq.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13595&Itemid=21
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,268 Messages
    4,593 Likes Received
    Wish they found a huge group of these guys there at one time so they could take them out...and by taking them out I don't mean for a cup of tea.
  3. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There's some official US government propaganda for you... note that they do not say that this execution site was run by al-Qaeda in Iraq, just that they "operate in the area"... of course, if they had any evidence that al-Qaeda was responsible for that site, they would have said so quite clearly... it would have been featured in the headline...

Nope, even in an absence of evidence, they insinuate that our boogeyman is the culprit here... once again, the government tries to manipulate America's completely justifiable hatred of al-Qaeda to whip up support for a highly unpopular war...

On an entirely unrelated note, Touchdown, Terrell Owens... and thank God, KHOY has finally cleared up their extremely annoying audio problems, just at that moment...
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,268 Messages
    4,593 Likes Received
    Personally I don't care if it is AQ or any other group. They found a site and detained some guys that were up to no good. Call me happy.
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,852 Messages
    1,692 Likes Received
    There are some splinter groups of crazies. But most take Al Queeda directions and support. Bottom line is that fanatics have to be killed- no matter who they follow or why. There is nothing else you can do with them.
  6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,524 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  7. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,042 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    Radical religous fundamentalism is the bane of the new century...
  8. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh, I'm not unhappy about the facts of the story... I'm just annoyed at the propagandizing being practiced in the telling of it... this sort of propagandizing is EXACTLY what got us into this mess in the first place, this shrill screaming of "al-Qaida" at every turn...
  9. zrinkill

33,066 Messages
    805 Likes Received
    Jesus Bear ..... I just posted a little good news. There was no agenda behind it.

Why did you attack it?

sniff ...... thought we were buds.

;)
  10. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOL... I'm attacking the article, bud, not you...

I read the thing, and that was the first thought that crossed my mind, that an official government source was once again screaming "al-Qaeda" to scare the readers... there was no legitimate reason to mention them, unless they had evidence that they were behind that execution camp...

I can only assume that you read that, but didn't make that connection...
  11. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Let's make sure we focus on the propgaganda of the article. THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART AFTER ALL.

Forget the fact that they took out one of these hideous torcher chambers. Forget all that. It's all about the US propaganda and how you HATES it.

Get real. It always seems like everything is twisted back on the US when articles like this get views.

It's rediculous even posting this BS on the internet. You have every tom-dick and harry coming in focusing on own agenda from these pieces...ie..see-SilverBear. My point made.

No offense SB. I do like you as a football guy but I gotta be honest. I would never want to ever discuss politics with you. You are what I like to call a fanatic. It's creepy.

It's almost like discussing normal life scenarios with my crazy bi-polar brother.

I am just waiting for the explosion. Because - I know - it's there simmering on the surface.
  12. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey, maybe you like having your government play you for a fool, but I find it disgusting... that is an official government site that article was posted on, you know...

Offense taken, but I'm unsurprised that I'm getting attacked for pointing out a contemptible truth... yes, the discovery of that execution camp is a good thing; I've said over and over that it is... but that does not excuse an official government organization from distorting the truth in order to advance the neocon agenda...

Sweet Jesus, man, we got lied to when we got into this war, and they're STILL lying to us, and you have no problem with that??

And yet, here you are, discussing politics with me... FWIW, I couldn't possibly care less what you like or dislike about my posting style... rest assured that I do not tailor my posts to suit the likes of you, and I never will...

But I note with great interest that you haven't even tried to dispute the argument I made... nope, you just get mad at me for making it...

Perhaps that's because you find the truth disturbing...

Happily for me, your opinion of me matters less than nothing...
  13. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,539 Messages
    698 Likes Received
    Or in this liberal, PC driven world we live in, it's inhumane to destroy a slaughter house that contains very bad people. They could've been their own little faction calling themselves "The Greasers" and we'd of been up in arms because the al-Qeada title was no where in the article. Liberal america would be shouting "We're victimizing on the poor people of Iraq." Nevermind that "The Greasers" are the next religion crazed faction growing in size daily. This action in Iraq is unpopular because if it's duration. The duration is due to the US *****-footin' around making sure we don't upset the citizens back home with, God forbid, an eye for an eye tactic.

Most wars are unpopular. We as American citizens have a very short attention span and an even shorter memory. We've already forgotten about all the Mom's, dads, brothers, sisters and children that we're off to a normal day in their life only to have it extinguished by some freak-bag fanatics that chose America to pick on. We're no angels but nothing, and I mean nothing constitutes that form of devastation on completly innocent people.

IMO, my only beef with the article is the word "capture". A waste of time, money and effort. They need to be removed. In a fashion in which they would use.

JMO, of course.
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,852 Messages
    1,692 Likes Received
    Your version of the truth bear. I frankly think you are full of it.
  15. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd be worried if you didn't, thinking I was doing something wrong... I wear the disdain of the likes of you as a badge of honor...
  16. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Iraq didn't have a freakin' thing to do with 9/11, so it's pretty silly of you to invoke it in defense of this war... there WAS no al-Qaeda in Iraq until WE created it, by invading...

This war is so unpopular because it's BOGUS... that's a pretty important distinction that you're avoiding in this argument...
  17. zrinkill

33,066 Messages
    805 Likes Received
    al-Qaeda terrorist training camps did exist in Iraq before we invaded ..... I have seen as much evidence to believe it as not too .....

But I am sure it will all be explained as conservative propaganda.
  18. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,524 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    The terrorist training camps in Iraq were in U.S.-protected Kurdish areas of northern Iraq where Saddam was forbidden to intervene.

The 9/11 Commission has thoroughly and convincingly debunked the blatantly false assertion that Saddam's regime had operational ties with Al Qeada.

Endlessly rehashing discredited arguments will not make them any more valid.
  19. zrinkill

33,066 Messages
    805 Likes Received
    You are wrong now just like you were 3 years ago. Many camps were in those areas ..... but there was also camps in Saddam power bases.

Saddam was 100% supportive of al-qaeda on their attacks of the U.S.
  20. zrinkill

33,066 Messages
    805 Likes Received
    Thats true ...... but we "declared war" on "terror" ...... and Iraq was a haven for terrorist.