1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Explorers On Global Warming Expedition Stranded in North Pole by Cold Weather

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Jordan55, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This made my night:lmao2:

The flight took off during a break in bad weather after “brutal” conditions halted three previous attempts to reach the British explorers who said they were nearly out of food, the Agence France-Presse reported.

“We’re hungry, the cold is relentless, our sleeping bags are full of ice,” expedition leader Pen Hadow said in e-mailed statement. “Waiting is almost the worst part of an expedition as we’re in the lap of the weather gods.”

Hadow, Martin Hartley and Ann Daniels began an 85-day hike to the North Pole on February 28 to measure sea ice thickness, the AFP reported.

With bad weather hampering supply flights, the team is was down to half-rations, battling desperate sub-zero temperatures and unable to proceed, the AFP reported.

"It'll be a relief to get our new supplies," Hadow said in a statement Wednesday. "Until (the plane) does arrive, we need to conserve energy and can't really move on."

The expedition now expects to arrive at the North Pole in late May
  2. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Trapped Under Ice.
  3. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,949 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    And so another unwitting consumer of Big Oil's manufactured junk science fails to comprehend the difference between weather and climate.
  4. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm gonna run right out, fill up my car's tank and grab a can of beans, and let the car idle all night while I fart all night. Come on folks, if we all band together, we can warm the earth up just enough that we might save these people. Eat tons of beef too...grilled outdoors. Run every electrical thing-a-ma-bob you have as well. Blenders, toasters, oven, stove (gas or electric...CO2 after all). Radio - blast 'em all. Even little alarm radios will do their part.
  5. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

Keep pitching it, man, keep pitching it.

"My carbon footprint is bigger than yours!" :p:
  6. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye.

15,500 Messages
    2,718 Likes Received
    So what's our means of falsification?
  7. adamc91115

adamc91115 New Member

738 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Please... I have the Shaq of carbon footprints and proud of it. :p:
  8. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So, another unwitting consumer of Big State's government-subsidized, manufactured junk science fails to comprehend that "climate" and "variation" actually go together...and are not caused by man.
  9. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    That's it. I'm going out tomorrow and buying another Hummer. Now if the polar ice caps melt it's all your fault.
  10. adamc91115

adamc91115 New Member

738 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well you know what that would mean?

I would need a bigger, faster, more powerful boat. And of course the bigger truck to tow it.

At this pace we'll be talking about the polar ice caps just evaporating! :laugh1:
  11. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,973 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  12. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Scientists Offer More Evidence of Polar Meltdown
    By VOA News
    18 March 2009

Two more scientific studies show a large part of the Antarctic ice cap melting at a much faster rate than previously predicted.

The studies, published Thursday in the London-based science journal Nature, said global sea levels could rise up to seven meters if the ice sheet in western Antarctica collapses centuries from now, as some researchers predict.

Large pieces of ice drifting off after separating from an Ice Shelf (file photo)
    Scientists from New Zealand, Italy, the United States and Germany conducted the studies, which involved extensive drilling into the sea floor under the Ross ice shelf - a glacier several hundred meters thick and the size of France.

Research links much of the current meltdown to warming under-sea currents.

It remains unclear whether warming sea temperatures are being driven by climate change as scientists working for the United Nations Climate Panel on emissions of hydrocarbons (greenhouse gases) theorize.

Last month, scientists contributing to the U.N. Polar Year survey said ice caps on both poles are melting at a much faster pace than expected. A Polar Year statement said researchers found Arctic ice levels at their lowest point since satellites began measuring the northern ice mass three decades ago.

The report also said Antarctic researchers have found large pools of carbon, stored as methane gas, in the melting polar permafrost. Scientists have identified the large-scale release of methane into the atmosphere as one of the chief causes of global warming.

Some information for this report was provided by AP and Reuters.
  13. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'm doing my part. These global warming people are only good for the humor they provide.

I mean really, going to the North Pole and getting there, getting freezing cold, being hungry (I guess these geniuses didn't think to take food), and having ice in their sleeping bags and they are caught off guard by this.

And they want us to believe them? Right.

Fools.