1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ezekiel Emanuel Confirms "Death Panels"

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by zrinkill, Aug 28, 2009.

1. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,290 Messages
    556 Likes Received
    is there anything about this country that the liberals liked? seems everytime they get the chance them and their cronies want a change.
  2. Viper

Viper Active Member

2,190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My wife and I were also forced into this decision. It was the hardest decision of my life. Now, my opinion of insurance companies isn’t a great opinion. In no way did they have a say in the treatment of our son. These decisions were between us and our doctor. In fact he didn’t make any of the decisions, he gave us options. The ultimate care was left to my wife and I. Everything was done to save my sons life. The doctors were great. The problem arouse in the end. We exhausted our 1million dollar policy. We were left with a 1.5 million dollar bill. This is the problem with the current system. After bankruptcy, we lost everything, our son, our home, our cars.

The doctors understood our inability to pay for the services they rendered, yet they gave everything they could. One doctor would sit by my son’s side for hours. The only problems had with our insurance company came later. When my other son needed treatment from our ordeal. We had everything approved for him, in the end they refused to pay. That was 12 years ago, I’m still fighting them.
  3. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Insurance supplied by the employer is seldom mandatory. It is offered but the employee can decline it, though not many will because the employer pays part or all of the premium. Nevertheless, you can get other insurance if you want to pay for it.

Now, it is true that it might be difficult if you have preexisting illness. But, then, you should be happy with whatever you get. It's better than nothing.

(By the way, I do not think insurance companies should be forced to accept people with preexisting illnesses, if they don't want to do it. It's unfair to company's stockholders who expect a good return on their investment. if you have stock in a mutual fund, would you think it was okay for the government to insist that the fund invest in all the offerings of sinking, poorly run companies with little or no hope of profit because it would look good on the bankrupt companies balance sheets? If I had a preexisting illness I'd be glad if the company covered me, but I don't think it should be forced to do it - unless I've paid for it.)

:)
  4. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,695 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    piece today in the Wall Street Journal entitled, "'Obama's Health Rationer-in-Chief -- White House Health-Care Adviser Ezekiel Emanuel,'" brother of Rahm Emanuel, "'Blames the Hippocratic Oath for the 'Overuse' of Medical Care'

True reform, he argues, must include redefining doctors' ethical obligations. In the June 18, 2008, issue of JAMA, Dr. Emanuel blames the Hippocratic Oath for the 'overuse' of medical care: 'Medical school education and post graduate education emphasize thoroughness,' he writes. 'This culture is further reinforced by a unique understanding of professional obligations, specifically the Hippocratic Oath's admonition to 'use my power to help the sick to the best of my ability and judgment' as an imperative to do everything for the patient regardless of cost or effect on others.' In numerous writings, Dr. Emanuel chastises physicians for thinking only about their own patient's needs. ... Dr. Emanuel believes doctors should serve two masters, the patient and society, and that medical students should be trained 'to provide socially sustainable, cost-effective care.

"'Every favor to a constituency should be linked to support for the health-care reform agenda,' he wrote last Nov. 16 in the Health Care Watch Blog. 'If the automakers want a bailout, then they and their suppliers have to agree to support and lobby for the administration's health-reform effort.'" This is what he's advocating: This miniature version of fascism.-

----??? So registered GOP members get less healthcare....or maybe none??

• Wall Street Journal: Obama's Health Rationer-in-Chief - Betsy McCaughey

........nawwww never happen in the gold ol' USA, freedom is just something that is ....always has been "is", always will be "is".........can take that for granted.......

that attitude is more prevalent the younger the age group...........
  5. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,966 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    Through my job I had at least 4 choices, basic HMO all the way up to a PPO. I chose the former since it was cheaper and I do not visit doctors a lot, even though I probably should because the last time I went I was prescribed the name brand because the doctor said it was the only type of the drug available needless to say I got a bill from the insurance company because I should have asked for and received the generic.
  6. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    She's a stinking beauty queen. You can't wonder why people attack her. She single-handedly lost the election for McCain. I firmly believe McCain would have been the president of the United States had Palin not debated and opened her mouth. She is the only politician who I believe has a lower IQ than Bush. When a politician has to brush up on mainstream issues, it's not a good sign. Palin's ideas are obviously not her own.

She's making a run for 2012 right now, so she's starting to study up on issues. But the fact that she isn't informed enough in the first place is what scares me.

The right loves her because she's a religious, conservative woman. The left hates her because they see her for what she is--a dunce cap beauty queen.

If this is who the GOP runs as their frontrunner, kiss it goodbye.

I, for one, would like to see someone challenge Obama. In my opinion, Palin will get crucified the moment she opens her moronic mouth.
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,105 Messages
    2,887 Likes Received
  8. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My company used to produce and sell an oncology product. I can tell you that younger people do have a better survival rate for cancer than older folks. But that can be said for most disesases. Except for outliers where a "young" person may have never developed an immune system properly, or has been damaged another way. Their bodies can general take a harder beating, and recover from harsher attacks.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,619 Messages
    1,570 Likes Received
    The trembling fear Cowboy shows everytime Sarah is mentioned tells everyone how much he and the hard left fear her. I really enjoy their fear- makes me feel warm.
  10. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You need to catch up on Alaskan history.

McCain was beaten until Sarah Palin invigorated his campaign. Real conservatives had no enthusiasm for McCain, and there were not enough country club Republicans (which it sounds like you are one) to elect him. The only thing worse than McCain losing was Obama winning until she put some conservative backbone in the ticket.

Sarah Palin has jumped the traces before and she might do it again unless the Republicans reacquire a social conservatism repute together with fiscal responsibility.

The Republican Party appeared to replace the Whigs, and the me-too Republican Party could see itself replaced also. In the near future.

:)
  11. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Oh man,sorry to hear that.