1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

FA CBs

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Biggems, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,781 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    I would like to see us sign 2 this offseason.

I don't want that headcase Finnegan. He is trouble waiting to happen.

I have always been a fan of Aaron Ross, who now has 2 SB rings, but he is not as consistent as I like, so scratch him off.

The one CB I really like, as do most you, is Carr from KC. He will command a nice price tag, so I do not know if we will go after him.

I like Ladarius Webb, but he is a RFA....and would probably receive a 1st round tender.....too rich for my blood.

Terrell Thomas is coming off an injury, but if he is healthy, he would be a nice addition and could come at a reasonable price.

One CB that I have not seen mentioned, well except by me and those who posted a complete FA list is Carlos Rogers. He was a part of that awesome Niners D. I think he could be had for a reasonable contract and would be a huge upgrade to Newman and Ball.

Ideally, I would love to get Carr and Rogers, but I would be happy with Rogers and Thomas.
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,457 Messages
    2,849 Likes Received
    Finnegan's only trouble if we play the Texans.

Carlos Rogers isn't going anywhere. Our best bet is Finnegan.
  3. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,781 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    perhaps u are correct, since all they have as major free agents are Alex Smith, Ted Ginn, Goldson, and Rogers.
  4. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I liked Ross when he was coming out of Texas, but he's simply not a good cornerback.

I'd monitor how Terelle Thomas' knee is doing because he was a solid CB when healthy.
  5. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,061 Messages
    647 Likes Received
    Finnegan is not worth the $ he is going to get. Id be fine rolling with Jenkins, Skandrick, 2nd rd pick(Hosely/minnifield/gilmore), and a cheap FA like William Gay or Eric Wright. I don't see a need to invest big $ in the CB position to be honest.
  6. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,616 Messages
    2,165 Likes Received

this is a fine idea if we seriously upgrade the front 7

need to add NT (Poe in draft), DE that can rush (red bryant in FA), and SOLB (FA or draft)

then, we can play with the backfield you suggest

honestly, i would prefer to go that route my self but unfortunately our administration is all about shiny toys rather than building a team so i doubt this happens
  7. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,004 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    Actually, I think Red Bryant would be better at NT in a 3-4 than at end. He is very quick for his size, but he has always been a very good run-stopper.
  8. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,616 Messages
    2,165 Likes Received
    i agree and that is why signing him in FA would be great in that if Poe is there in the second round we can take him and play him at NT and bryant at DE, if he is gone, we dont have to panic and can play bryant at NT and take someone like Fangupo later as a developmental person

imagine

NT: Poe/Liss
    DE: Bryant and Rat
    OLB: Ware and Ingram (or Curry)
    ILB: Lee and Carter
  9. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,876 Messages
    827 Likes Received
    Finnegan would be great. We don't have anybody like him on our team. Ever since Roy went soft, this team has completely lacked anything resembling balls. We have absolutely NO intimidation factor
  10. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,061 Messages
    647 Likes Received
    No body is afraid of Cortland Finnegan. Just because he got into a scrap with Andre Johnson doesn't make him intimidating. Hes really not even much of a hitter. More of an agitator.
  11. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,876 Messages
    827 Likes Received
    Doesn't really matter if they're 'afraid' of him. If he can change the way receivers play because of his physicality, then that's exactly what we need
  12. casmith07

27,457 Messages
    2,849 Likes Received
    I think opposing QBs are fairly intimidated by DeMarcus Ware. Opposing left tackles and RBs too.
  13. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,876 Messages
    827 Likes Received
    Definitely. But pretty easy to gameplan for a defense with one player.
  14. casmith07

27,457 Messages
    2,849 Likes Received
    Yep. We saw the consequences of that at the end of the year.