1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

FA QB X: 33 yo, league leader in picks. No playoffs in 3 years. Would you sign him?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by KB1122, Jan 3, 2013.

1. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,107 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    We were down because of him? The defense gives up points and we were down because of him?

And I never said bow down to him. I'm just simply pointing out the double standards you guys have. We blame him for losses but he gets no credit for the wins? And i'm not even one of Romo's biggest supporters. But I can't escape what my eyes saw in December with our season on the line. I just can't.
  2. rocyaice

6,107 Messages
    632 Likes Received

Its not about if it can get any worse though. Could a rookie qb come in here and get us 87 wins? Maybe. I'd like to think not but maybe it is possible. But you could also argue that if Romo had a better offensive line and a better running game he would've generated more than 8 wins for us this year. You just can't win in this league with a poor offensive line and inconsistent defensive line play. And factor in your depleated defense? Its just not possible.

Before this year everyone told me that Romo doesn't show up in December. Now its he doesn't show up for big games. I'd be willing to part with Romo. I'd be fine with it if I felt like he was holding this team back and he was the sole reason we weren't making it in the post season. But i'm not convinced this team is putting Romo in position to get us to the post season.
  3. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received

Against NY, Atlanta, etc. How many times does the defense have to stop a team or hold them to fgs before Romos offense can get some points? Yes they were down because of him when they constantly have pathetic 3 and out drives. I'll go back to lurking on here and reading other people try to talk sense into you Romosexuals. I was with all of you until that sorry *** final drive in DC.
  4. rocyaice

6,107 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    "Romosexuals"....yea I think lurker mode is probably best if that's the best you can come up with lol.
  5. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,402 Messages
    1,010 Likes Received
    I would agree with most of what you said. But like I said above if he was 25-27 then fine lets keep rolling and hope that whatever the disconnect is works itself out. However we are talking about a 33 year old QB he isn't a spring chicken. All I heard all year last year was how deep this class is at QB. Now to hear some talk they act like its garbage. Not buying it and when the combine comes around and pro days come around and the senior bowl happens then I think you will see it heat up again. I just think that after the last 3 years and his play in the final game the last 2 years just leaves a lot to be desired especially watching these young QB's over the last few years come in and have success. At 18 I think you take the risk and draft a QB if the value is there.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,506 Messages
    5,238 Likes Received
    Only a fool wouldn't sign a free agent Tony Romo. By whatever name. Only frustration or ignorance would keep anybody from saying otherwise.
  7. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,388 Messages
    2,106 Likes Received
    Stupid thread.

Lets pretend July 1st there's a 29 year old WR hasn't been to the playoffs in three years and he's available.

Would you sign him to a big contract?

If his name is Miles Austin, probably not.

If his name is Larry Fitzgerald, you'd be an idiot not to try to.

The idea that anyone would simply look at age and playoff appearances without looking at other factors such as how good the team is in first place is just ridiculous.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    we REALLY need an IQ test before allowing posting here on the Zone.
  9. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,642 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    You sure did leave out a lot of info in describing this player with no name. This player has a ton of accomplishment that you conviently ignore to fit your agenda. :rolleyes:
  10. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,010 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I agree.
  11. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,259 Messages
    318 Likes Received

He did not lead the league in INT's.
  12. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,908 Messages
    643 Likes Received
    Though I don't agree with the question and how it asked, I do like the discussion by Blackbull and it was something I brought up yesterday regarding Garrett but I think can be applied to Romo too. You can't just say Garrett has these guys playing hard in the 4th or how he coaches them right in the 4th...or that Romo plays so great in the 4th...without acknowledging that the reason the Boys had to do all of those things in the 4th is because they stunk for 3 quarters. Inconsistent offense, unprepared to start, outcoached, outplayed. You can't have one without the other. I personally put more of this on Garrett than Romo but I can see the argument.
  13. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,217 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    What about a 34 year old QB that lead the NFL in INTs and only won a playoff game in 3 years.

I would take Drew Brees still, and I would also take Romo.

It takes a team to win and lose, not just a QB.
  14. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Tannehill was running the same offense he had in college under the exact same coach calling his plays in Miami last year. Remember Sherman was his HC in college.
  15. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,775 Messages
    2,062 Likes Received
    Yes I would because I know he is a damn good QB. Hell with the critics they don't care for him that is their business myself I see a quality QB who can help this team.
  16. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,118 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    I agree.

It's getting ridiculous.
  17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,775 Messages
    2,062 Likes Received
    1st off you don't know what Murray or any other QB would do here in Dallas. Making some comment you can't back up is not a sane argument.

This is not a matter of being afraid of loing Tony it is a matter of losing a quality player. I can promise Romo would not have a hard time finding another team in the NFL he is better than most QB in the league
  18. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,217 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    Its scary how soon people forget things. Do you recall the pre romo era. How many QBs we had between Aikman and Romo.
    This is a bad draft for QBs, who do you want to replace him?
    What are you saying to the veteran players? Written, Ware, Austin, and even the round players want to win now. Also you start over at QB means we have to give Garrett 3-4 more years under a new QB.
    Also there is no guarantee that we will even get a new QB that could hold Romo jock. Sorry but I do not want a Gabbert, Ponder, or Quinn like QB.
  19. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    As soon as you stop cherry-picking the only statistics that make your point, perhaps a worthwhile discussion might be had.

It would be a cakewalk to cherry-pick a set of arbitrary time-frames and stats that would make ANY quarterback in the league look ridiculous.
  20. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,902 Messages
    1,296 Likes Received
    What about the fumbled kickoff and blocked punt against Seattle? Were those Romo's fault.

What about when he lead the team inside the 10 against Pitt and Murray fumbled?

What about when Murray fumbled inside his own 15 the next week against NO?

What about OTree's drop in the end zone against the Giants?...or the dozen times he has run the wrong route?

What about the defense not being able to even slow down Brandon Marshall?

What about Dez not reading the coverage and running the wrong route, leading to a pick 6 against Chi?

What about Free and Smith leading the league in penalties?

I could go on...Anyone who blames this team's struggles on Romo isn't paying close enough attention.