1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Facebook Group Page Removed

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Cowboys&LakersFan, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,534 Messages
    84 Likes Received
  3. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Read it wrong. It hasn't been removed. It's a petition to remove it. Just signed it.
  4. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,583 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    So what your really saying is you are against protected freedom of speech?

Here is a direct quote from the page/group founder.

C&LF, did you even look at the page before you signed the petition?

Don't you think it's important to understand something before signing a petition against it? :D
  5. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What's your point man? He's still making fun of people who have had cancer. The idiot said it's funny when people died. It's really hard to not be disgusted by this.
  6. Signals

4,583 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    The page founder is trying vent off and cope with very painful emotions as a result of losing a loved one to cancer. Just because you and a few other people don't understand his/her coping mechanisms doesn't mean they should be silenced.

Peace. ;) :)
  7. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Again he's still making fun of cancer victims and that's PATHETIC and DISGUSTING.
  8. Signals

4,583 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    No he's not.
  9. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He obviously is. The page says cancer is funny. You defending him is even worse.
  10. Signals

4,583 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I'm not defending him, I am defending freedom of speech. :)
  11. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,793 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    No such thing as freedom of speech. Here in America, you either say what everyone wants you to say, or you don't say anything. Because if you dare to speak against what we see morally or subjectivly "right" then we see you as a inbreeding monster who should be locked up or stoned to death.

But America is the best place in the world
    :rolleyes:
  12. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,933 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    no it's not. children (or teenagers/young adults who have the mind of a child) often do cruel amd obnoxious things because they are desperate for attention. The most cruel thing you can do back is to ignore them.
  13. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,933 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    While I get why FB hasn't taken the page down, I'm pretty sure that is a made up story to flip everyone's anger at him towards those that made comments.
  14. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,899 Messages
    732 Likes Received

And because it's so terrible you have the right to go live anywhere else in the world.

I'm sure you'd love it in Iraq or Korea better. Maybe even China or a remote portion of Mexico would be amazing to live in.

And I love how people complain about free speech and defending it but are mad because someone else used their freedom of speech to disagree with the web page.
  15. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,701 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    Just another reason why I don't join facebook.

FACETIME> Faceook
  16. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,378 Messages
    3,635 Likes Received
    There is a large part of the American Population that really do not understand what Freedom of Speech actually means.
  17. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,793 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    No what's terrible about this country is that it is nothing more than hypocrisy, but so many people fail to see how much this country lies and decives and choose to live in this ignorance. There are many fatal things wrong with this country but all anyone can say in defense is well it's better here than Iraq, or china, or some other foreign country. That's akin to saying yea it sucks that i assualt people i dont like, but hey there are people out there who kill, or rape people. So i'm not that bad, and you should let me continue to do it.

No what people are complainig about is the fact that you are trying to take away someone's freedom of speech by removing a web page. You want to say you don't agree? Fine, You want to call him names and insult him? Fine. But don't say that he doesn't have the right to say what he wants, just like you have the same right to say what you want
  18. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,378 Messages
    3,635 Likes Received
    ^An example of what I mean. ^
  19. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    So what? If everyone is called to be indignant about every offensive utterance, there wouldn't be enough time in the day to relax.

Stop trying to police the thoughts and speech of people and chances are when they find they're ignored, they'll probably just remain in a small place that doesn't really effect anyone.

What serves as 'news' today would be laughable if it weren't given the credibility it's given by people foaming at the mouth over it.
  20. Signals

4,583 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    FACT! truer words were never spoken. I contend that 99.9% of the crap people complain about would fade into nothingness if people would simply quit copy and pasting it in new locations under the guise of discussion.

This thread for example. :laugh2: