1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Facebook photo of Plymouth woman at Tomb of the Unknowns sparks outrage...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by trickblue, Nov 20, 2012.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,697 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    She's gonna get her much wanted 15 minutes of [strike]Fame[/strike] Shame...

Facebook Photo Of Plymouth Woman At Tomb Of The Unknowns Sparks Outrage

BOSTON (CBS) – Two women have been placed on unpaid leave from their jobs after their photo at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia angered thousands of people on Facebook.

Lindsey Stone was visiting the Tomb of the Unknowns last month on a business trip when she posed for a picture next to a sign that reads “silence and respect.”

In the photo, Stone is pretending to yell and she’s showing her middle finger.

The photo, taken by co-worker Jamie Schuh, went viral and sparked thousands of angry comments.

[IMG]

More
  2. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    what a maroon
  3. KLJ

KLJ Member

248 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    i just don't understand people and what provokes them to do things like that
  4. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,612 Messages
    1,067 Likes Received
    I hope that ***** lives a horrible life over this!

:mad:
  5. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can understand it - people do stupid stuff to be funny, but put it on the internet??? Another episode that confirms my decision not to partake in facebook.
  6. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,194 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    This is the kind of thing that has probably happened hundreds of times before, but now someone was stupid enough to put a picture of it on the internet.

Why would you even go to Arlington National Cemetery if you wanted to screw around?

There has to be thousands of more fun places to goof off, why go to one of the very few places in the country that demands respectful behavior at all times?
  7. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,001 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    If you are going to be a dumb***, don't post the pictorial proof on the internet.
  8. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,339 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    :bang2:
  9. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,143 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yes, it was dumb, but seriously, who hasn't done something idiotic and regrettable when they were young?

Now this woman's life is going to be ruined by anonymous Internet trolls generating over-the-top outrage, harassing her, her family and friends for who knows how long.

It's terrible, but so it the ridiculous outrage to things like this.
  10. 5Stars

25,612 Messages
    1,067 Likes Received
    Look at her picture, she is not some random teenager, she's a grown woman!

I could see some juvenile doing something stupid like this, but a woman that should know better deserves everything she gets.

She's lucky to be an American, and then she pulls this stunt over men and woman that gave their lives for a stupid ***** like this just so she can disgrace a cemetery of our fallen Military?

Oh, hell no...!

That's on the same level as when Roseanne Barr grabbed her crotch on Nation TV after singing the National Anthem at a baseball game.
  11. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,143 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    She's making fun of the sign, not the tomb, not the military. But please, carry on.
  12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,655 Messages
    1,527 Likes Received
    I bet she is in shock about being on unpaid leave. I like her company already :)
    Except for that freedom of speech thing.:eek: She may have an argument.
    Still, what a moron.
  13. 5Stars

25,612 Messages
    1,067 Likes Received
    And the sign is asking everyone to be civil to our fallen comrades. But, yeah, she's just having some fun, huh?

Maybe someday someone will disgrace her grave.
  14. DFWJC

21,655 Messages
    1,527 Likes Received
    I think when she also flipped the bird, it looked to be a more than that.
    Maybe we'll hear her side of it someday.

I do know that there are some people (let's say a dead man's wife for example) that may have punched her in the face for that. It's pretty emotional stuff to be fooling around with.
  15. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,324 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    The ironic thing is, the non-profit she works for provides services for the elderly, disabled and those needing things like home health care. It's a safe bet many of these are going to be vets of some kind.

Probably not going to be a pleasant working environment for her and her friend who snapped the pic.
  16. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Staff Member

14,555 Messages
    1,642 Likes Received
    So not only did she conduct herself in a disreputable manner, she then posted it to Facebook. Genius!
  17. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,143 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  18. DFWJC

21,655 Messages
    1,527 Likes Received
    Sounds more like bad judgement than anything.
  19. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    At least she admitted to being the kind of person she is.
    Backtracking and flip flopping at it's best. She might have a future in politics.
  20. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And she deserves every bit of it. And while the people who died to give her the right to do that to their graves may defend it on free speech grounds, the same free speech applies to those who will ridicule and demean and call her out for as long as they feel they want to.

The free speech thing works both ways. At least for now anyway.