1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

FAIL To The Redskins

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Kilyin, Jan 6, 2013.

1. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,083 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    Does his knee still exist?

Imagine the reaction if Romo had just fumbled the ball and gone for his knee instead of trying to recover the ball (even though completely justified given the injury).
  2. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,143 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    And just for the record, I'm not his sister. :p:
  3. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received

Yeah, me too. Tomorrow is gonna be a good day at work. :laugh2:
  4. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,855 Messages
    1,256 Likes Received
    As a Cowboy fan who lived there for 30 years I am beyond happy.

I will sleep really well tonight.

My week will be much better than if they had won.

The off season will be better!
  5. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,126 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    True character is shown in the heat of battle. This is one fan that is not impressed.
  6. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,855 Messages
    1,256 Likes Received
    The I270 corridor will be much quieter 2moro! :lmao2: :lmao2: :skins:
  7. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,465 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Jumbo is actually pretty cool, as are most of the mods on the board. But they will ban you for intentionally trying to rile up the members though.

This video was pretty hilarious anyways, wish I could have seen the thread. :laugh2:
  8. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    First cousin? That's okay then. :)
  9. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,556 Messages
    3,399 Likes Received
    Trent Williams says he was 'immature'
    January, 6, 2013
    Jan 6
    9:45
    PM ET
    By Dan Graziano | ESPN.com

Recommend0
    Tweet6
    Comments10
    Email
    Print

LANDOVER, Md. -- Cameras caught Washington Redskins left tackle Trent Williams apparently taking a swing at Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman in the immediate aftermath of Sunday's 24-14 Seahawks playoff victory. Williams did not hide from it.

"Just high emotions, man, and you know I let them get the best of me," Williams said. "It's nobody's fault but mine. I've got to calm down a little bit. It's just, when you lose a game like this with high intensity, you are on edge, and I reacted in an immature manner. I am taught better than than, just got to be better. It takes a big man to walk away, and next time I just have to be a bigger man."

More: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/47917/trent-williams-says-he-was-immature
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,077 Messages
    3,986 Likes Received
    Not that there's anything wrong with that, for any of you guys who happen to be actually married to your sisters. :)
  11. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
  12. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,465 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Owned up to it, nice. Pretty classy.
  13. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Amen!!
  14. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Agree on owning up to it, but not sure how much of this is said to try and mitigate some of the fine he's surely expecting
  15. hutch1254

hutch1254 Well-Known Member

1,416 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    I'm glad the Seachickens won. Now the skins fans sweat the Monday MRI.

Maybe Williams needs some Ritalin to combat Shermans Adderall.

What I would have been interested to see is if the skins won...would Jerry have a knee jerk reaction. I think the loss tempers things for him. Or possibly he could be thinking...dang we could have done better than that today.
  16. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    As a Cowboys fan who lived in Arlington VA during the time they won the Superbowl for the 1987 season I am elated. Nothing like seeing pictures of Doug Williams everywhere for months to really bring out the hate in you.

Doug Williams in your subway
    Doug Williams on your tv
    Doug Williams on your billboards
    Doug Williams on your radio
    Doug Williams in your newspaper
    Doug Williams jerseys on your co-workers

/Moved back to the bay Area and had to go through that crap the next season with the whiners fans.
    //within two years I moved to the hudson valley in NY and went through that crap again with the gnats fans.
    ///years in a row i lived in areas of teams that won the SB and hated the Cowboys
    ////Bills fans were the biggest trash talkers, funny enough
  17. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,556 Messages
    3,399 Likes Received
    So I got to thinking....

Didn't Trent react kinda how we wished our players reacted after the game? I've seen alot of posts over the years where folks complained that players were too happy after a loss. So now that a player reacts kinda like we want them to, he's scum (for lack of a better word).

It was a Redskin so whatever...but what if it had been Tyron Smith? Do we still call him a bum? just wondering
  18. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,126 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    God, I would give anything to listen to some these radio shows from our rivals' market after a tough loss. Although, sometimes I am sure it's not so pleasant. :D
  19. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,037 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    You mean 92? That's when they won their ONLY LEGIT Superbowl. 82 and 87 were strike seasons. In my eyes, Redskins only have one ring without an asterisk by it.

I posted the following on facebook before the game today. All my Redskins pals loved it:

While we're at it, a little Redskins history lesson.

The Redskins won Super Bowl XVII, XXII and XXVI.

Oddly enough and ironically enough, only one of those Super Bowls came in a year in which the NFL did not have a strike-shortened season, and that was XXVI in 1992.

Both the 1982 and 1987 seasons were marred by a player strike.

Meaning, out of their 3 Superbowl wins, the only legitimate Superbowl won during a non-strike season was in 1992, 4 years prior to the last Cowboys Superbowl. In fact, the Cowboys won three Superbowls after the Redskins won their last in 1992.

So, you're still largely irrelevant.
  20. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Hypocrisy is all part of being a fan. Not saying it's right. Just the way it is.