1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Faith, hope and reality

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by REDVOLUTION, Jan 14, 2014.

1. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,316 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    Haha. With respect, I may live to see 110... or get hit crossing the street by Charlie Sheen driving a Fiat Abrath tomorrow. Unlikely? Sure, but stuff happens. :)

I'll believe Austin won't be on the roster for 2014 as soon as DC.com no long lists his name, but not before.

A running back may get more carries next season, but his name may not be Murray. The second half of the Green Bay game did not pass the smell test.

Let's hope for a Peyton Manning type surgical recovery for Romo. However, all patients do not enjoy the same results following a surgical procedure. Yet, if any player ever deserved an opportunity for a complete recovery to continue his career, it is him.
  2. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,405 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    One away from a Beavis and Butthead laugh...I am at 68 now.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,625 Messages
    6,390 Likes Received
    Well, at least this is a new spin on next year's early capitulation thread.
  4. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,404 Messages
    1,639 Likes Received
    Am I on it? (tell the truth)!!
    TTexasTT likes this.
  5. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,405 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    Did someone quote me?

hehehehe
  6. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Not that Ive seen
  7. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,034 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    I see two disagreements.

Never said you were wrong.
  8. REDVOLUTION

24,034 Messages
    767 Likes Received

You had a reality dancer? Lol
  9. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,404 Messages
    1,639 Likes Received
    I am on your ignore list!

Well, you can just...never mind!
  10. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,373 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    I've been a fan since 1973, and yes I used to be like you, you know buying everything that Jerry sells, getting excited about the next season, rationalizing why we didn't make the playoffs (always bad luck). We'll get em next year, the problem is that other teams are improving also.

You ever notice that you like the off season better than you like the season because in the off season hope springs eternal, in the off season there's no heartbreaking losses, you pump up some 6th round "steal" that JJ pumps up (B.W. Webb) as though we out smarted the rest of the NFL.

Like you said, if next season goes in the tank, you'll come over to the realistic way of thinking and we'll be here waiting for you because, as much as you think differently, we really have no other place to go. We (JJ critics) loves this team, we just hate what it has become under JJ.

As for 2-14, I'd rather be in the Texans shoes than the Cowboys. Neither made the playoffs but at least they have the first pick overall and a better roster to begin with. The Texans know how to lose the right way.
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  11. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    lol I never said I was right. It was hope, remember
  12. REDVOLUTION

24,034 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    Clearly you need to read your responses.

You wrote, that I wrote, that what you wrote, was wrong. Right?

Lmao
  13. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    I hear you. The reason for not making the playoffs looks obvious to me. The defense is the worse in the history of the Cowboys. Indeed, we will get them next year. What are we suppose to do?

No, I never noticed that I like the off season more, because I dont. Why would I? I love football season. Im grown enough not to buy into everything Jerry says. Some of the things he talks about are just absurd. As far as being pessimistic if there isnt a playoff run next season, Im speaking to JG as HC. I feel like that would have been a fair amount of time. Everyone has a different take on this, obviously.
  14. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    No, I wrote, that you wrote, that I wrote, that your wrote,I wrote, that you wrote, that I wrote, that your wrote,I wrote, that you wrote, that I wrote, that your wrote,I wrote, that you wrote, that I wrote, that your wrote,I wrote, that you wrote, that I wrote, that your wrote, that was wrong. Get your story staight.\

lmao
  15. REDVOLUTION

24,034 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    Fail.

Mine actually made sense.

We are both fans. Have a good one! :)
  16. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,373 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    I can respect that.
    TTexasTT likes this.
  17. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    same.

You may be right and eventually Ill become jaded as well. I typically stay optimistic if there is any hope to be had.

However, being a huge Astros fan, I can see when there is a ton of pain inbound too.
  18. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,013 Messages
    1,329 Likes Received
    lol yup. Those are called blind homers. They go from blind homers, to just homers, and then to realists. It is a natural progression and when they are finally honest with themselves, they go from defending everything to pointing out faults and talk about what we need to do to get better.
  19. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    Just doesnt work like that. We will bring in 2 new dlineman and the oline will suck next year or the receivers wont be able to catch a cold. We cant be loaded at every spot. Have to get a coach who can make players out of the guys we have. Just like our offense. One week we throw it around like the broncos next week we run like seahawks and the third week we dont run at all or even try. There is just no rhyme or reason to anything they do. It seems that regardless of game situation they pull random plays out of a hat and call them.
  20. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Active Member

478 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    with the teams the cowboys are scheduled to play in 2014 if they don't improve in a huge way in game management defense and by running the ball more and figure out a way to keep players healthy they will be lucky to win four games not looking forward to next season at all. At least if they tank changes will be made but we see how that works out for dallas