1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Falcons rip Suh for taunting Matt Ryan after third-quarter injury

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Risen Star, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    "I had respect for Suh before the game," Falcons center Todd McClure(notes) said after the game. "But when Matt was on the ground, the things he was saying and the trash he was talking was definitely uncalled for. There are certain things you don't do. [He said], 'Get the cart' and several other things that I can't repeat."

Receiver Roddy White(notes) agreed. "I lost a whole lot of respect for 90 [Suh] today, and also 92 [Cliff Avril(notes)], the [bleep] they were doing when Matt got hurt. That was unacceptable. … Like 92 was kicking [Ryan's] feet, saying, 'Get him off the field.' We don't do stuff like that. We don't rally over guys when they get hurt. It was just inappropriate behavior. I mean, 'Get the cart'? Are you serious? Come on. When you compete, you never want to see a guy get hurt."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...-taunting-Matt-Ryan-after-thi?urn=nfl-wp10203
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Not a shocker. Taking after their coach.
  3. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,670 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    Exactly!!
  4. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    If true then Suh should be playing for Philthy. Classless
  5. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    Why are the Falcons MOANING after a win??
  6. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Detroit Lions are trash just like their city... SMH!
  7. w8lifter

w8lifter Member

461 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Because not only just a player, but their leader (QB) was disrespected while being injured and thats poor sportsmanship.

Think how the Cowboys players and us as fans felt when Michael Irvin sustained his career ending neck injury in 1999.

The E Gals fans where cheering Irvin was hurt and directing insults to him as he was being carted off on the stretcher.

That really pissed me off. Thats why I understand how these Falcon players felt today.
  8. DallasGirl50

DallasGirl50 New Member

2,025 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That is classless & I completely agree that they are merely a mirror image of their HC.
  9. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    Doesn't surprise me that Detroit is taking after HC Jim Schwartz, that team is undisciplined as well (stupid penalties). Look how Tennessee has played for years under his watch. Suh has already been under scrutiny for his QB takedowns so it just adds to this mess.
  10. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,357 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    Color me unimpressed with the Lions. They are not the 2009 Saints, and I have a feeling that they won't make the playoffs this season. They have been acting like children since starting 5-0.

The Bears are getting stronger in that division, the Packers aren't looking back, and the Lions are sliding.
  11. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,090 Messages
    5,648 Likes Received
    Vid of the injury

[youtube]817uRxgUVkk[/youtube]
  12. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,000 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The Detroit T-Rash
  13. Romo_To_Dez

Romo_To_Dez Active Member

1,943 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Karma perhaps in Stafford getting hurt yet again and walking in a Boot?
  14. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,062 Messages
    498 Likes Received
    The Lions definitely want to be known as thugs. They are trying to change their loser mentality. Unfortunately they are going about it the wrong way.
  15. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,467 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    I can't stand Suh already. I am sure he is a player I am going to hate for his entire career. He is a dirty player.
  16. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A lot of folks give Suh heat and deservedly so, but I've watched a few Lions games this year and that guy Cliff Avril is an idiot. He's always poppin' off and talking trash.
  17. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,471 Messages
    2,079 Likes Received
    this
    they would be even further behind if we hadnt given them that game
    they are over-rated
  18. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,342 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    If Suh was actually saying stuff like that then I'm very ashamed. I like the guy, always have...being that I'm a Husker fan. But if he's acting foolish like that about someone being injuried that is just disgusting.
  19. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,160 Messages
    1,290 Likes Received
    There's no place for dirty players in the league. No way to defend them. I hate when a guy acts like he's so nice and respectable, then the truth comes out. I don't think the Falcons players are lying about it.
  20. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,467 Messages
    173 Likes Received

At least with Harrison you know, what you see is what you get! lol.