1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fall 2013 TV Shows

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by TheCowboy, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    They called me to be an extra on that show but the army wasn't about to let me go an entire work day to act like I'm pretending to work instead of actually pretending to work... At work.
  2. John_S

John_S Member

57 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    MOST of the cable shows - AMC, TNT, USA, FX, etc., are better than the network shows.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,014 Messages
    1,579 Likes Received
    I agree. I like it, something different but as you said how far can you go with this show?
  4. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,105 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    I thought you were probably overstating things on "Dads" but you were right. Almost every line was followed by a laugh track, and it was so wooden and forced. Just painful to watch.
  5. John_S

John_S Member

57 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I think that Sleepy Hollow is one of those shows that will be cancelled before the first season is over.
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,765 Messages
    2,834 Likes Received

I get the same feeling.

Although I did notice that during the pilot the characters said something that kind of said if the show was going to last that the two main characters would spend at least 7 years together.

Personally don't think it will last like you said and because I did not think they could stretch it out that long and these types of shows normally don't last too long.

There have been a ton of these type of shows and only a few ever last as long as something like Xfiles or Fringe.
  7. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,380 Messages
    1,374 Likes Received
    I like Seth Green but that show might last six episodes, at best. Brooklyn nine-nine won't fare much better. We need another sitcom like The Office soon and Modern Family better stay for awhile.
  8. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,336 Messages
    360 Likes Received
    Nine-Nine was actually pretty good though even though it was a pilot episode
  9. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,765 Messages
    2,834 Likes Received

Agreed. Couple of times I laughed pretty good but it was so cookie cutter laugh track type of feel that I don't see it lasting too long. Might have been the worse pilot I have seen since the one with Kevin Dillon (drama from entourage) a few years back...How to be a Gentlemen.
  10. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,066 Messages
    1,920 Likes Received
    As far as new season shows... Tough to get excited for them because we're bombarded with new shows for every season. Which in some way is good, some way everything gets watered down even more.
  11. John_S

John_S Member

57 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Usually, about half of the new network shows get cancelled before or after only one year.
  12. The Ominous

The Ominous Dead Man Stalkin

1,137 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    TV is going to be dead to me after next Sunday.:(
  13. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,336 Messages
    360 Likes Received
    Hostages and Lucky 7 were really good. Mom also had a good pilot.

I didn't like The Blacklist and I though S.H.I.E.L.D. was average.
  14. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,380 Messages
    1,374 Likes Received
    Liked Hostages too. My only concern...exactly how many episodes can they get? There is only so many times they can try to kill the president, an FBI agent taking people hostage, etc. Have a feeling it will burn out like The Event.
    TheCowboy likes this.
  15. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,336 Messages
    360 Likes Received
    Agreed. For what it was I really enjoyed it. Probably will only last 1 season but that's fine as long as it's good
  16. KoRnyBrad

KoRnyBrad I am the Bat!

230 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Arrow
    Big Bang
    Walking Dead
    Survivor
  17. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,825 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Ugh. It's going to be a sad sad evening once it's over. :(
  18. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Elementary and Person of Interest. Seems like every other show is either a moronic sit-com or ultra-violent or a staged "reality" show.