1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fallout 3 and Fallout 3 Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Dallas, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Who plays and who is EXCITED for Las Vegas to launch on the 19th?

I have been heavily re-playing all content in FO3. It has been one of the best games I have ever played.

I originally began playing it on my Xbox, but quickly picked up the PC version and never looked back.

The game is flat out outstanding.

:cool:

[IMG]

"Who's NEXT??"
  2. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,889 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    You play with a game pad/controller or a keyboard and mouse?
  3. Dallas

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Keyboard and Mouse. I am a big MMO player so the controls are extremely easy for me. I can target 10x better/faster w/ them than on my console controller.

Sniping w/ the Gauss Rifle is DEADLY. :D 1 shot 1 Kill

[IMG]
  4. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,264 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    keyboard + mouse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> game pad.

FPS on a console blows *** compared to FPS on a PC for this very reason.
  5. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,264 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    EXACTLY.

Hmm. Might have to pick up FO3. I've never played it. I've only been playing BFBC2 lately.
  6. Dallas

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Make sure you get the PC DVD Game of the Year Edition of F03. It comes w/ every expansion for the game. I think I paid $39.99 at BestBuy.

[IMG]
  7. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,913 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    fable 3> fallout 3

and oblivion ftw
  8. Dallas

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You haven't even played Fable 3 because it isn't even out. Why bring that game up? :D

Oblivion was nice but it is a completely diff game. I have it for the Xbox but probably should have purchased it for the PC. I don't think it has near the fun factor F03 has.
  9. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,913 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Oblivion was RPG perfection. Fable 3 looks better than FNV
  10. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Microsoft did a study they took the top tier best of the best console guys and put them against mediocre to average FPS players on a PC. They had them fight each other with out knowing. The PC teams of the average player slaughter the top tier FPS console guys and it was not even close. The PC guys won every time and just mopped the floor against the console guys.

That is why I do not think we will see games mixing console and PC guys against each other in FPS anytime soon they are at such a disadvantage.
  11. Dallas

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received

It makes perfect sense and a bit more clear as to why MS wouldn't want to merge PC and Console player bases together.

Thanks for sharing that Roo.
  12. Dallas

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received

I do have Fable 3 on reseve however. IFable 1 and 2 were a kick in the pants.

I absolutely love post-apocolyptic games. I think its because I have played so much fantasy based stuff ever since I was a child. It gets a tad old.

I still get drug back to that style though. My GF and I are playing Age of Conan atm. Excellent MMO if you guys haven't tried it btw.

Both of my interns picked it up and can't stop playing it. :laugh2:

I play a Tempest of Set which is a caster/melee style class. They are huge AOE/Heal/Totem/Mez w/ a giant Polearm. Strange class but DEADLY in PvP.

We pretty much are the 1st targetted and killed, if they can do it. :eek:
  13. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,039 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Fallout 3 was more fun than I expected. Except when it crashed intermittently after a couple of hours of play. Every day. ;( Oblivion was bad, pretty much genericized D&D mishmash, so my hopes had not been that high for FO3.

I liked Age of Conan, and played Tempest of Set and Bear Shaman. ToS was pretty dang fun. Definitely a game with its own character. And finally pretty stable now.

Have you tried Fallen Earth? Post apocalyptic MMO, from an independant company, so not quite the flash of some of the majors, but definitely in the genre.
  14. MegaMagick

MegaMagick Active Member

6,336 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I loved Fallout 3 and i lost all my 360 saves when my HDD died so i plan on playing through 3 and getting Las Vegas along the line. Esp if the reviews are good.
  15. Christiann

Christiann Active Member

534 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    I barely got into playing Fallout 3 like a month ago, it's pretty cool but pretty hard, but then again I'm like a level 9 fighting super mutants and mirelurk hunters. :D I'm wondering If I should get Fallout New Vegas, but Reach and 2k11 will soon take over my life.
  16. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,302 Messages
    422 Likes Received
    I was bored with FO 3 about 10 minutes in. Of course the only reason I bothered to rent it was because of the 3rd person mode, but the stupid thing didn't work. No matter what I did it stayed in first person. And I don't really care for aimless wandering in games either, and that's what I was doing at least during the time I spent on it (maybe an hour or 2).

Fable 2 was VERY boring to start, so I didn't bother with it beyond that. Fable 1 was just ok, but I was at least able to finish that one.
  17. Dallas

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received

I have seen some reviews and trailers of FE. It looks to be a pretty fun game. I want to check out the character/class and talent/skills, but I def want to try it out.

Is it F2P or a subscription? Im not a big fan of the F2P because w/ most of these games the developers don't really get into fixing what the community is screaming about because they dont have the resources.

Runes of Magic was this way. We quit after about a year of play. Fun game but it was such a struggle in Seige Wars and PvP. There was also wayyyy to much hacking/cheating going on. :(

FYI: Do NOT waste your money w/ FF14 online. My GF and I got the collectors edition ($80x2) to get the game rolling and figure out that it's really just a pay to beta for SquareEnix.

I was furious w/ it and quit after 2 days of play.

Terrible game right now. If you are a FF player and rememeber FF11, this game is NOTHING like it. Gorgeous game however but the tools for the customer are STUPIDBROKEN.

Example:

I want to trade w/ UberBalls - It takes 6 clicks to do so

I want to invite my friend to our party but he's in another zone. You have to be standing near me to click on them to invite them. SIGH

I want to tab target the nearest mob near me but I actually tab on the mob 80 feet behind the one near me. HUH?

No auto-attack when being attacked

I don't know what SE had in mind for this game but folks are flat out leaving in droves and its only just recently launched for the regular purchase last week.
  18. BadWolf

BadWolf Member

182 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hate goul reavers... they are so much harder to kill than anything else in the game.
  19. Dallas

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Pretty easy w/ the Alien Disintegrator. I think the one I use in V.A.T.S. is 149 DMG.

You get this gun from the Alien Abduction content. ;)
  20. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

433 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    The Fallout games are awesome, I played 1&2 on the PC(they're more of a top-down view point and click style), and then played 3 on the Xbox.

I've been meaning to go back and finish the very final part of FO3 before New Vegas comes out, I left my save right at the end in case they added anything else.