1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fan rebuilding

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TheKey, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,487 Messages
    1,721 Likes Received
    It hasn't in Seattle. They've been the loudest fans through good and bad.
  2. TheKey

TheKey Faster than Felix

2,616 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Some good ideas have already been brought up. I don't think we need to get the ideas to the club though. The problem, we all agree, is the management and administration of the club. Why put a corporate committee in charge of this? I love the old games club. This needs to stay with the fans. The fans, and by the looks of this thread maybe it is only five of us, need to put in an effort to change to gameday situation. If it is something as lame as passing out flyers with the facts that our gameday atmosphere sucks and some SUGGESTED "traditions" to help to start to change that, I'm all in. Otherwise we all sit around and wait for the winning to happen with the hopes that things will change when/if we win? Good luck with that. I'll be at the games trying to make a difference.
  3. TheKey

TheKey Faster than Felix

2,616 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Exactly. And not to bring soccer into this, but their MLS team is also deafening loud. It's an attitude. The fans in their stadium won't put up with people not being loud, and it's time we don't either.
  4. TheKey

TheKey Faster than Felix

2,616 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I would like to make two other suggestions.

First, I would like to see Toby Keith's "Should've been a Cowboy" played after wins, and the fans stick around to sing it. Maybe the lyrics on the screen could help at first.

Secondly, some of us go to the games on a regular basis already. I propose that we form a Cowboyszone Gameday Crew. What this entails is a group of us who meet before the game, engage some of the fans, try to get everyone going. Maybe do a tailgate or meet at a restaurant before, pass out some flyers to the other fans with important game notes, points of interest, our new traditions and reminders to shut up when we have the ball and maybe a team roster.

After the pregame, on a rotating basis, we keep our CZGC in the same part of the standing room only area every game. This is where the energy and passions (and traditions) of the group will spread fastest. Soon I believe the rest of the standing room onlys will join in, and it will become very loud and consistent each week.

So, I volunteer to give up my seat and join the standing room crowd if we can get a large enough CZ crew to join in with me.
  5. Soth

Soth Active Member

337 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    At least they have 6 playoff wins in the last 7 years. Not sure how loud they were in the 90's when they sucked (I truly don't remember).
  6. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I for one commend your efforts.....it is time for the fans to put in some effort (support wise)..
  7. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,864 Messages
    422 Likes Received
    Cheap beer will help the atmosphere.
  8. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,864 Messages
    422 Likes Received
    I wish there were places with intimidating atmospheres similar to that seen in soccer.

[youtube]b8BJyIj-WbM[/youtube]

[youtube]GtLxpMyh13g[/youtube]
  9. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,487 Messages
    1,721 Likes Received
    They are loud win or lose. Their fans are simply more passionate than ours are and I don't really think it is debatable. Look at the Browns and the old Dawg Pound too, and they were never great. There are no excuses. We can pack the most fans into our house and we have the biggest fanbase in the world. It isn't about winning or losing. It is about emotion.
  10. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,681 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    we could start the chant Jerry Jerry Jerry after every big play, good or bad!
  11. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,543 Messages
    430 Likes Received
    Wish I could be there with you guys.

If someone wants to put me on face time on their iPhone during 3rd downs I'll do my best, lol.
  12. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,332 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Thats great made my day thread should be closed after this post
  13. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,908 Messages
    643 Likes Received
    I know winning brings loudness but it should always be loud. The way I see it, there are 2 things I've noticed

1) New stadium--Its an art studio hosting a football game. The times I've been I've gotten out of my seat and turned around and you are in a club or lounge and there is a bar and nice surroundings...you are watching a big screen. Its like being in the comfort of a bar/being at home but taking in a live game. Just hard to get the noise they want.

2) Fans over the years--I never found our fans as being too loud. In fact I always thought the old stadium was a little cheesy too. Always blasted "dudududdunah..charge" type sound effects and the old music. Just never seemed condusive even in the winning times you never saw teams having trouble calling plays, etc. I've been a fan since the 70s and we just never have seemed blue collar or loud. Look at that Patriots game last night. Not sure what their rep is but there were people on their feet from the go yelling while they were on defense. I don't see that with us. More wine and cheese than beer, sloppy and loud.
  14. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You'll be glad to know I was loud as **** when i bought those tickets from you. :D

Seriously though, this thread is important. Let's have a plan together by next season. If only the fans inside the stadium were EXACTLY LIKE the guys I tailgate with in Rangers Lot A. *sigh
  15. LUVDABOYS

LUVDABOYS Member

233 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I've only been to the stadium once and had a great time, but there was one thing that bothered me. Half the stadium was closed off to the real fans. The whole thing was huge and I didnt have a whole lot of time to check it out, but the loud areas seemed to be the two endzones. The reserved croud seemed to be in the areas I couldnt get to. I'm guessing the 50 yard line back to the 20 or so is for the "privileged"? or so expensive the real fan cant afford? \
    I dont know, I just think the setup is not condusive to a loud stadium. I do know, it was irritating that I couldnt get all around the stadium.
  16. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Exactly. The stadium is divided by income. I've sat in club seats before. Most people in our section didn't even have jerseys on. It was the worst time I've had at a game there, despite sitting in $900 seats.
  17. TheKey

TheKey Faster than Felix

2,616 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    We are going to start in the standing room only section. Same spot, every week. 10-12 of us would be ideal. We will be coordinated, recognizable and loud. No more comments about how bad the stadium sucks, we know this already. I want some comments about who is ready to join me and some more ideas about how we will coordinate.