1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fangupo signs UDFA deal with Texans

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by TheCount, Apr 30, 2012.

1. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,673 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    I gotta admit, this one hurts a bit. Fangupo was a guy a few of us had liked through the process, none more than myself. To see him land with Wade and the Texans stinks.

I said I'd stop talking about the whole NT situation and I will, but I didn't see this posted anywhere and I know he had appeared on quite a few mocks. I was a little surprised he went undrafted (even with his athletic limits), but maybe they somehow can't find room for him and we get another chance, I really love the kid.
  2. CowboysLaw87

CowboysLaw87 Active Member

595 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    I can't say I disagree that a stouter NT would be beneficial but it is just very, very clear that our front office/coaching staff just doesn't feel the same. Agree or not, we like Rat at NT. He's not a DE in our eyes. Either that or we don't feel like any of those NT's are better than Brent.
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,673 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    Yeah, I don't disagree. I've never been under the impression they DISLIKED Rat at NT, but I was definitely surprised to see us bring in a DE on the smaller end as well, I didn't think they'd actually go even smaller. It's an interesting way to approach the front 3, that's for sure. No one else runs a 3-4 quite like we do, for better or worse.
  4. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,521 Messages
    2,067 Likes Received
    Maybe they just really like Brent and Lissemore. Lissemore may be more the Rat type, but I still think Brent has something as that immovable object type NT, and will be a different guy healthy next year.

And although this is way overplayed here, I do think he in particular will benefit from Woicik, because he's literally never had a real offseason program. Remember getting him in the supplemental draft, he first came in only like a week or two before camp opened in 2010. But Ratliff and a couple OL talked about how naturally strong he is.