1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fans are to blame

Discussion in 'Jerry/Garrett/Rant Zone' started by AmberBeer, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,636 Messages
    6,401 Likes Received
    I don't buy your definition of drinking kool aid. But it doesn't matter. Any definition you want to use doesn't get you around the fact that we've been spending significant resources on trench players. It's not really a matter of opinion. It's a demonstrable fact.

The argument you really want to be making is that, despite investing in the trenches, we're not good enough there. Especially on defense. We've long ago stopped having to deal with the silly criticism of this team's OG play.
  2. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,006 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    Just because you say we've addressed the lines doesn't make it so. Jerry's addressed the oline just as an afterthought and after it became painfully obvious that help was needed there. Wow, 2 players in 3 years . It would be a good start, but he stopped there and because of that we're a .500 team with the strength of our skill players on offense. Where's the help on the d line? Where's the depth on both sides? We have none and if you can't see that you need to put Jerry's drink down and sell that swamp land he sold you.
  3. Idgit

30,636 Messages
    6,401 Likes Received
    It's not so because I say it. It's true because we addressed it. It's a fact, not a matter of opinion.

And...enjoy the win. I'm not going to play duck-season-wabbit-season with you on this topic again. It's not a subjective question.
  4. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Cowboys won so pushy positivity is in effect.
    birdwells1 likes this.
  5. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,794 Messages
    1,582 Likes Received
    Ok. Gotcha.
  6. AmberBeer

3,006 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    Exactly, the facts prove me out.
  7. black label

black label Well-Known Member

287 Messages
    408 Likes Received
  8. Idgit

30,636 Messages
    6,401 Likes Received
    Wabbit-season.
  9. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Yep, that kinda fan deserves this mess of a team. By all means, they should continue the blind support.
    stasheroo likes this.
  10. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,373 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    that's funny right there.
  11. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,811 Messages
    1,085 Likes Received
    Wut?

Oh I get it. Even though we won today, we should boycott next week's game to show Jerry we don't want to get to the playoffs. MMMkay.
  12. AmberBeer

3,006 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    You get it.
  13. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,811 Messages
    1,085 Likes Received
    Not really..
  14. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,456 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received
    I'm guilty and will continue to be.

I'm openly a Cowboys fan, and proud of it, regardless of what is going on. My being a fan doesn't change because the team isn't winning enough like I'd love to see them doing. I've seen this team be the worst in the league, the best in the leage, and now the middle of the road and I'm still as proud to be a Cowboys fan today as I was in 1987-88 and beyond. That's never going to change no matter how much Jerry is an idiot.
  15. AmberBeer

3,006 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    That would be the definition of insanity.
  16. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,071 Messages
    461 Likes Received
    There should be empty seats available for you in washington next year
    Doomsday likes this.
  17. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,071 Messages
    461 Likes Received
    :D
  18. BraveHeartFan

23,456 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received
    I'm fine with that. I don't front run or threaten to quit being a fan or give up just because the Cowboys aren't champions. They've been my favorite team since I was a young and they will until I die. I can't help it if others waiver on that.

Tons I don't like about this team right now and I'd love to see changed, starting at the top with the Owner/GM, but I'm a fan regardless of rather the things I want to see changed are changed.
  19. AmberBeer

3,006 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    They're still my favorite team as well. That's why the Jones upset me so much. They've ruined the team and have made them a laughing stock. So I'll do what very little I can to change that. I think that's what a real fan would do.
  20. BraveHeartFan

23,456 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received
    Do what you got to my man. I'm not here to tell you what to do or how to do it or rather it makes you a real fan or not. I couldn't care less to be quite honest. :)