1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fantasy football question (about Boys)

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by lkelly, Jul 31, 2005.

1. lkelly

lkelly Well-Known Member

1,996 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    Our fantasy draft is next week, and I'm sitting in the 7th spot out of 8 teams. For me, the question is: Should I burn the 7th or 10 pick on Julius? I really think he's headed for a big year, but I'd like to get him as late as possible. If he lasts around to the 23rd pick, I'd definitely grab him then.

So informal poll - is Julius worth taking as one of the top 10 players in all of fantasy football? And would you pick him over one of these backs: McAlister, McGahee, Lewis, or Portis?

I'm pretty sure I'll get the diehard "homer" laughs if I jump on Julius early, but the thought of watching him explode on someone else's team is not a good one. Last year I was able to pick him up for the stretch run right before he came back from injury....
  2. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    7 is too high for sure. Even the 10th is pushing it for Julius.
    I would say pass on both from a fantasy persective, but it can be more fun having your hometown RB.....take him at 10.
  3. Boy's fan in Giant land

Boy's fan in Giant land New Member

775 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We all know (in our blue and silver hearts) that JJ's going to put up some serious numbers this season BUT until he proves he can sustain the load over the course of a full season missing little or no time due to injury he'll not be a top 10 fantasy back. If you're serious about doing well in your league, you've got to put your homerism aside and take the BPA at rb when it's your turn. At the moment, I wouldn't rank JJ above any of the four you listed. Next season may well be different.
  4. lkelly

lkelly Well-Known Member

1,996 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    You guys have good points. I'll hope he lasts around to my 3rd round pick.
  5. Mr. Fantasy

Mr. Fantasy Woohitz

268 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    he's not a 1st round back just yet, especially in a 8- man league. He would be a great addition in the 2nd round though with the 2.02 pick. I think its a big gamble to expect him to be there at the bottom of the 3rd round 3.07. His Average Draft Position in a 8-man league is 2.05.
  6. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,807 Messages
    172 Likes Received

He isnt a first round pick, unless your with cowboy fans:D:D,
  7. Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull Active Member

1,433 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think JJ is a top 7 fantasy back this year but nobody else in your league likely does. Assuming you are in a standard scoring system, I'd take McGahee at 7, JJ at 10 and consider myself stacked at RB. No way JJ's there in the third round. He's definately a top 20 pick. Good luck
  8. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    In the couple of drafts I have done he's gone in the first round each time usually around #8 but not before Deuce, McGhee or Lewis. I picked him in one league because I knew he wouldn't make it back to my next pick.