1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fantasy Football Trade Advice

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by TNew2169, Oct 1, 2008.

1. TNew2169

TNew2169 New Member

27 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hey guys, i was proposed a trade and wanted to see what you guys thought

His team trading me: Marshawn Lynch and Trent Edwards

My team trading him: Maurice Jones-Drew, DeSean Jackson, and Donovan Mcnabb.

My other receivers are Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, and Anthony Gonzalez.

My other qb is Kurt Warner

My other running backs are MB3, Steve Slaton, and Chris Perry.

deal or no deal? thanks guys.
  2. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,680 Messages
    407 Likes Received
    Might wanna get a tub of vaseline if you accept that deal.
  3. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why would you make that trade?

You're getting the short end of the stick all the way around.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Oof. Is he buying dinner?
  5. hardcorebob

hardcorebob Through thick and thin

686 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No way! Bad trade for you man.
  6. QT

QT Active Member

1,900 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Trent Edwards? Wait a year on that guy. Are you in a pts per catch league? Lynch is pretty solid in a points per catch league, but I couldn't help but look at your McNabb and DeSean for Edwards trade. You must hate the Eagles. I don't understand this trade. Are you trying to upgrade at a certain position? RB?
  7. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Make the trade Marshawn Lynch is a beast. nobody trades RB's in fantasy let alone one of the best ones.
  8. QT

QT Active Member

1,900 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Nobody trades RB's? Interesting....He's trading MJD also for Lynch. I'm not high on MJD but he's a 2nd or 3rd tier RB.

Why does nobody trade RB's in fantasy? If you need to upgrade in a certain area then you make trades, no matter who it is.

I know a guy that offered AP for Barber and Forte. Those are the best ones aren't they? Of course the guy that has Barber and Forte would probably not take it.

I just traded Portis, Chris Johnson, and Lav Coles for Addai, Andre Johnson, and Ryan Grant. Those are 2 top tier RBs. I made the trade b/c i think Addai will out perform Portis in a pts per catch league. Also, I am trying to buy Andre Johnson low. I have hopes for Andre; next 4 games at home. Ryan Grant was a throw in but he will just ride my bench until he has consistent games. I sold Coles high. He came off a 3 td game, which i doubt he will do again.

The reason the other guy traded me is Johnson and Grant are performing not as they should, thus I bought them low. Even though i'm 4-0 in that league, I am taking a risk that they will have a good performance come my playoff time.

So basically, I upgraded in RB1 position and WR2 position. Chris Johnson was just riding my bench also.
  9. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I want to play FF with you. You're a sucker if you buy that.
  10. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    IDK if you upgraded. I have Andre Johnson on my team and he's been riding my bench. Thus far this year Desean Jackson has out scored him and Johnson was the 1st WR taken by mean Jackson my last pick in the last round of the draft. I would have held on to Portis however since its Addai its practically an even trade. Chris Johnson doesn't score a lot of points becasue the Titans give it to Lenadale in the GL all the time and Grant doesn't like the same guy as last year. That seems about even. Giving up on Coles may hurt you in the long run.

If you say so. Also maybe next year the Zone could start up a FF league. The league im in right now is a private league that I might not even be in next year....:rolleyes:

How am I a sucker MJD split carries Lynch doesn't. Lynch scores more points and the offense goes through him more. Also factor in Curtis and Brown should be back for the eagles and that will limit Jackson and Mcnabb is banged up. Kurt Warner is clearly his starting QB and Ewards only needs to help on the bye week.
  11. QT

QT Active Member

1,900 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    We will see. Andre had 10 catches for 100 yards or so the first game. I prefer Addai over Portis. I'm actually starting Grant vs Atl over LJ v Carolina.

Andre has 4 games at home and I am willing to bet he outscores Coles in total points this year.

Let's keep this thread alive.
  12. QT

QT Active Member

1,900 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    DaBoys for life, just curious, what's your fantasy football record?
  13. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    It's dumb on McNabb vs. Edwards alone.

MJD also gets some receiving yardage.

DeSean Jackson gets return yardage.

That trade is an invitation to a soap drop.
  14. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If it were Jones-Drew and McNabb for Lynch and Edwards than I'd say "do it". You'd be able to field a better team week in and week out. Losing Jackson makes the deal too lopsided though. You have good WRs and probably wouldn't miss Jackson too much, especially since Reggie Brown is healthy now and Kevin Curtis will be coming back soon, taking away from Jackson's targets.

Don't do it unless it doesn't include Jackson or he includes someone else.
  15. QT

QT Active Member

1,900 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    So I hope you were riding Andre Johnson on your bench again.
  16. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,664 Messages
    1,466 Likes Received
    How does one trade 2 players for 3?

That's not even possible/allowed in my leagues.