1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fantasy Football Trade Advice

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by ajk23az, Nov 14, 2013.

1. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,664 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    I get:

Marshawn Lynch
    Marques Colston

He gets:
    AP
    Anquan Boldin
    Steve Smith (CAR)

My reasoning: Smith and Boldin are solid WRs but dont produce all that much, they are bench WRs until byes and if someone gets hurt. I get Colston in return who would take Desean's spot next week as the Eagles are on a bye. Then Steve Smith is just a throw in to make the trade look more in the other guys favor.
    I feel that Lynch and AP is almost a wash but not quite. I'm sitting in 1st place and am looking ahead to the playoffs. We have playoffs in Week 14-15-16 where AP has to run against Baltimore, Philly, Cincy. 2 of the 3 are extremely hard defenses to run against.
    OTOH, Lynch has SF, NYG, and AZ. I know SF is hard to run against but that game is always a slug fest and the two teams run almost exclusively during it.
    Also, Seattle never runs the risk of getting WAY behind and having to pass constantly.

Also, this is an auction keeper league where if you want to keep a player, his value increases by $5 for the next year. AP was kept by me last year for $38, his value next year would be $43 of a $200 budget. Lynch was kept by the other guy for $35, he can be kept next year for $40. I gain a few dollars there as well. My other keeper would be Josh Gordon for $8.

what do you all think?

My team:
    QB: Romo
    RB: AP
    RB: Andre Brown
    RB/WR: Chris Ivory
    WR: DeSean Jackson
    WR: Josh Gordon
    TE: Jordan Reed
    DEF: Carolina
    K: Graham Gano

B: Eli Manning
    B: Anquan Boldin
    B: Shane Vereen
    B: Cecil Shorts
    B: Dan Bailey
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,927 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
  3. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

864 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    It doesn't seem necessary to make that trade. You seem to be fine where you are at. I understand Lynch and AP almost being a wash and the logic of getting a back who will be running out the clock rather than playing pass protection in the second half. but AP is good and Boldin and Smith could turn it on at any point. If Colston were to start being involved this would be a nice trade, but he is just as effective as the others it seems like. I say stand pat where you are at.