1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fantasy is just that

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by burmafrd, Jun 14, 2006.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,439 Messages
    1,458 Likes Received
    Looking at the really ridiculous ratings going out, I hope no one is dumb enough to think that it bears any relation to reality. Of course, fantasy should tip one off anyway.
  2. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's not based on who is better but on who is likely to provide the best fantasy numbers which don't necessarily translate to wins.

As much as I'm into stats you would think that I would be a big time fantasy geek but I've never gotten into it because they really only use a few numbers and it doesn't give a complete picture of a player or team.

As you said, it bears no relation to reality.
  3. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,170 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    It is fun though....
  4. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,556 Messages
    1,918 Likes Received
    One of the funniest things ever said to me in a debate was by a guy who told me he's an "excellent talent evaluator" and I should listen to him. He was trying to tell me how great Crankcase was going to be and remove my doubts. I asked him for an example of his talent evaluation skills. He replied, "I've won my fantasy league the last 2 years."

:banghead:

I wish that was a joke.
  5. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,795 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    YOu know has much hate as FF gets, to me it allows to you to learna bout other players, and teams, besides yoru own blue and silver. THe reaserch it takes to learn about players, bench players, time on the field, sets teams like the run, all that goes into winning FF league, sometimes can give you a heads up, when we start to go after guy, but of course, this is just one FF opinion. WAt does it matter :D against the terror, of FF hatred and disllike :D:D
  6. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,795 Messages
    172 Likes Received

Sometimes it can help in that regard, as like i said it takes alot ofreasrch, and he can say well in this system, and tis style he was succesful, and if he was going to a team that played that way, then most likley he could be succesful, BUT... i wanst him, (lol i never one any of FF leagues, I usually draft to manu cowboys players damn my bias) so i cant speak for him, or teh occasion.

edit, BTW maybe its to early ona wensday morning, but ummm WHo's Crankase
  7. Hostile

118,556 Messages
    1,918 Likes Received
    When Q was released by the CFL team he signed with the first press release was in French. Someone posted the Internet quick translation of the announcement and Carter in French translated to Crankcase.

It stuck.
  8. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,795 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Oh well if CArter ever stayed off those drugs, and kept a stable coaching staff we dont know at he could have done. Everyone is quick to talk down on him and put him in the garbage, but differnet things, and differnet factors could have done something for him.
    (gawd i wishnhe could get off those drugs... note to the kids, dont do drugs, people will call you names :D:D and i know how important apperance is :D)
  9. Hostile

118,556 Messages
    1,918 Likes Received
    I don't agree.
  10. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,795 Messages
    172 Likes Received

trust me i know,, i remember my first time coming to this board (being i got banned for being a QC supporter on the oter board) and you intoduced your self as basiaclly a QC not liker :D, fond fond memerioes. :D (still cant spell)
  11. Hostile

118,556 Messages
    1,918 Likes Received
    There are other boards?

:wink2:

I just think there's always an excuse as to why he couldn't get it done. Other players change coaching staff personnel and don't skip a beat. People want me to believe this guy needs the same coaches, systems, and players around him for 10 years and he'd have been just fine. If only that had happened...

Sorry, I don't buy it. Eventually people are going to realize there's a reason why 3 teams have waived him.

Eventually...
  12. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,795 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    3 teams waived him because of drugs, he didnt do that bad of job while he was playing for the Jets, he just couldnt stay away from the drugs

( BTW kids Drugs are bad, very very bad, they can like do bad stuff to your brain, you know, i mean im just saying Drugs are Bad)
  13. Hostile

118,556 Messages
    1,918 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones knew of the positive drug test, Bill Parcells did NOT, per league rules. It was Parcells' call to waive him. Therefore Dallas did NOT waive him because of drugs. His grievance is nearing 2 years old now. If Dallas were guilty of waiving him because of drugs it would have been settled immediately.

The Jets waived him because when the playoffs arrived he left them high and dry. Did he do that due to drugs? He says no. Circumstantial evidence says yes.

He was waived in the CFL as not being able to get it done. He claims he is drug free. If you know for a fact that he isn't, spill the beans.
  14. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,199 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    No...
  15. Hostile

118,556 Messages
    1,918 Likes Received
    :grin:

I thought he was pulling my leg.
  16. dargonking999