1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fantasy Question : Who to start?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by bigdrulez3141, Sep 12, 2012.

1. bigdrulez3141

bigdrulez3141 Member

296 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Okay fellas, my team is pretty good and I know it's a good problem to have, but I'm in a PPR league and I have 5 guys and I have to pick 3 of them to start. Choices are:

Benjarvis Green-Ellis vs. CLE - Really like how many touches he gets and he looked pretty good against a tough Ravens D, but the Browns D also looked real tough against the Eagles. All in all, I think hes a tough one to sit.

Steven Ridley vs. ARZ - Obviously another sleeper pick I had. Lots of touches week 1, but its always hard to predict a Belichek offensive game plan. Looks like a better matchup than Benjarvis, but its riskier.

Pierre Garcon @ STL - Looks to be RGIII's favorite target, although with limited action, he had 20 points in the first quarter of the Saints game before leaving with a foot injury. Another tough sit if he plays because of the targets and matchup, but I CAN ONLY PICK 3.

Ahmad Bradshaw vs TB - Looked pretty containable against da boys, but we can do that to RB's :) He still racked up some yardage and points with that TD. TB looked tough against the dangerous run game of the Panthers, but I'd assume the Giants will be giving him his touches.

OR

Steven Jackson vs WASH - Not the best of matchups, but it is Steven Jackson who is still one of the best backs in the game. He gets receptions and his share of carries, but I really don't know what to make of this game.

I know I have 2 rivals from the NFC east and it makes me hate playing them, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Pick 3.

Who ya got?
  2. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Stephen Jackson is the clear first pick, IMO. Then BJGE, then Ridley. Garcon is hurt, so I wouldn't risk it. Bradshaw has a tough matchup.
  3. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    this^^^
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,176 Messages
    2,237 Likes Received
    You'd be surprised.

FWIW
    If you compile Fantasy RB rankings this week from NFL.com, Yahoo, ESPN, and CBSSportline and SI.com, you get

9th) Ridley
    13th) BJGE
    16th) Bradshaw
    17th) SJax

in that order.

Not saying that's how it will go, but that's what the so called experts are saying.

I don't know where Garcon fits in....he comes in at about #20 in the WR ranks and is battling a slight injury. His upside seems good though.
  5. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Is that PPR or standard scoring?