1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Favorite Highlight Tapes of 2012 Prospects

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by TheFinisher, Mar 20, 2012.

1. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,502 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    We know highlight tapes aren't necessarily the best way to gauge a prospect but they are a fun way to get excited about a player. What highlight tapes have you come across so far that really impress you? It be anything ranging from production value, great plays, commentary etc.

Here's mine.

[youtube]dDJFa270SQc[/youtube]
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,530 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    you should see his games vs Ohio St. and Wisconsin. Where he did nothing.

He played great vs lower competition but didn't do much vs NFL caliper players. I like Still just not in a 3-4. He looks more like a true one gap 4-3 DT. He goes off the snap into one gap, if he is stopped or that gap is closed or the RB goes to another gap, Still just stops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq0GAQfwE-A&feature=related
  3. TheFinisher

2,502 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    I have, I've seen practically every game of his this season and I don't agree that he only produced against lower competition. He played great against Iowa, Alabama and Illinois, all of whom have NFL caliber lineman. Also, don't forget he was hampered with a foot injury late in the season against OSU and UW.
  4. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,530 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    True, but Iowa and Illinois doesn't have great interior OL. I like Still, don't get me wrong, I think he fits perfect as a 4-3 DT for a team like Phili, Tennessee, Denver, and other 4-3 defense like theirs. I just don't think he is a true 3-4 DE. I think Reyes, Crick, Cox are better fits. I would be mad if Dallas picks Still in a trade back or in the 2nd but just wouldn't be my first choice.
  5. TheFinisher

2,502 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    You know, I could actually see him being a really good player in Philly. I hope that doesn't happen.

:eagles:
  6. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    [youtube]bJ9cXz8ebzo[/youtube]

*Note, please mute the song. It is terrible.

But the video is exactly why I want to draft Brandon Boykin. I am convinced he is going to be a stud in the NFL. He does EVERYTHING. He is good in run support, a good cover corner, extremely quick, makes plays on the ball, great return man. When you watch his returns, he breaks numerous tackles. He isn't simply hitting a hole and taking off. He is making the play happen by himself. 3:35- 4:05 especially.

If he hadn't been hurt, and played in the senior bowl he may have been a late first. He was skyrocketing up draft boards until his injury. He is probably a late 2nd, early 3rd candidate now that he didn't run a 40 or participate in the combine due to the injury.
  7. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,876 Messages
    622 Likes Received
    Looks like a good 4-3 DT, to bad we play a 3-4...
  8. syncerepapi

syncerepapi New Member

3 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Here is mine of Harold Robertson DT/NT out of William and Mary. Look at what this small school prospects does against UVA, NC State, and UNC...

http://youtu.be/wegPNr99Mrw
  9. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received