1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Favorite Moments/Parts of 2012 Season

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Proximo, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

977 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    Alright, I don't believe this has been done yet since the season ended, and with all of the back & forth on here about what the team should or shouldn't do this offseason I thought it would be nice to step away from those arguments and debates for a moment and look back on the positives of the 2012 season.

As a Cowboys fan, and NFL fan in general, I really think regardless of how the season ends you should be able to at least look back on the games that were played and recollect on the moments that made you remember why you're a fan.

Here are my top 5 favorite moments of the 2012 season, in chronological order (some are individual plays, some are specific moments, and some are just time periods where it was fun to be a Cowboys fan):

1) Romo to Austin in Week 1: Dallas has the ball in NY territory and is leading by a TD. It's 1st & 30, with just over 6 minutes left in the 4th Qtr. Romo approaches the line & makes some presnap reads, as well as some unique hand signals to Miles Austin. The ball is snapped and Romo proceeds to loft the ball towards the left sideline which Miles snags near 2 defenders and then waltzes in for a key TD in a game where Dallas was able to upset the reigning champs in their house, opening night. One of my favorite individual plays of the season.

2) TD barrage in Philly: In what started as a relatively close game, the Cowboys reel off 3 TD's in as many minutes starting with a disputed TD catch by Bryant on the last play of the 3rd Qtr, followed by a punt return TD by Harris after the ensuing Eagles drive, and finally a pick 6 by Carr on the drive after that. One of the most incredible sequences of Cowboy TD's I've seen in a LONG time.

3) Claiborne completes Philly sweep with 1st career TD: As a Cowboys fan in PA I have to say the Eagles are the rival I hate most. In the teams' 2nd meeting it was great to see Morris Claiborne scoop up an Eagles' fumble with 4 minutes left in the game and return it for a TD to essentially seal the W and complete the Cowboys' 2012 sweep of the Eagles.

4) 5 of 6 from November into December: After the Cowboys started off to a frustrating record of 3-5 after 8 games, I don't think there was a more satisfying period during this season than watching them win 5 out of 6 games to start the 2nd half of the season. The team had to dig deep and win some close ones, and pulled off W's again Cinci & Pitt; 2 opponents that a lot of our own fans thought we didn't stand a chance against.

5) The emergence of Dez: Finished the season: 95 grabs, 1,300+ yards, 12 TD's. Final 8 games: 50 grabs, 879 yards, 10 TD's. Nothing more really needs said.

What were you guys' favorite moments?
  2. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,206 Messages
    590 Likes Received
    Steelers game, the Carr Int was Priceless.
  3. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    1.) Week 1, in probably the best, most complete game we played all season, one thing I can look back at and say we didn't see much else of it the rest of the season. I'm referring to the huge run that Murray had after getting hit a few times in the backfield, then STICKING Kiwanuka and then deciding he didn't feel like scoring and running out of bounds. Still a sick play though

2.) Carr INT vs. Pitt. What a play and in such a fitting spot to make it. There was some question around the team as to whether or not the off seasons corner acquisitions were worth it, this sort of silenced everyone for the rest of the season. Again another awesome play

3.) Carter vs. Atlanta. Possibly the best single performance we saw all season. From flying to the flats to tackle runners for short gains or blowing through the A gap and stuffing runs Carter was everywhere that night. I'm so looking forward to seeing a healthy he and Lee next year in the 4-3.
  4. 1Star5Rings

1Star5Rings Member

47 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    The Cincy win after Jerry Brown's death,it was cool to see the team so emotional.They had something to play for and they did it with heart,it was great!
  5. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,070 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    4) 5 of 6 from November into December: After the Cowboys started off to a frustrating record of 3-5 after 8 games, I don't think there was a more satisfying period during this season than watching them win 5 out of 6 games to start the 2nd half of the season. The team had to dig deep and win some close ones, and pulled off W's again Cinci & Pitt; 2 opponents that a lot of our own fans thought we didn't stand a chance against.

I like this one as well. I just wished we would have made it to the playoffs and win a few games. I thought that Romo played great through that run. Dez was awesome. While the defense wasn't perfect, far from it, they made the stops when needed. Even in the NO game, they never gave up.
  6. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,195 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    1st game against Giants and the Pitts game.

Everything in between and after that was pretty much crap.
  7. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Good stuff.

I have a bunch more.

I am going to make a top moments/plays of the season with brad and babes calls as soon as I get ahead on some work. Hopefully in a week or so.

The car int was my favorite. Tremendous emotional experience in the stadium and brad called it perfectly.
  8. Proximo

977 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    Very nice list. All 3 were awesome moments for sure.

I'm not sure I can think of many plays that were more exciting to watch as they happened than the Carr pick against Pitt or the Murray run in week 1. If Murray would've scored on that play I would've definitely picked it over the Romo to Austin TD that happened in the same game.

The Dez "fingertips" catch in the 2nd NY game would most likely be my favorite if the "fingertips" part didn't happen.
  9. Proximo

977 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    Well, that didn't take long.

I hope you do have other hobbies that you actually get enjoyment out of.
  10. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,024 Messages
    407 Likes Received
    When Jerry was locked out of the locker room

Sorry but it was funny.
  11. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Tailgating in Seattle. That was fun despite the loss.