1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Favorite player that didn't pan out:

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Parcells4Life, Jan 7, 2014.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,556 Messages
    1,548 Likes Received
  2. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,094 Messages
    196 Likes Received
  3. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Hahah! Not laughing at you...it's just that the guy was an idiot. He did show some flash at times tho
  4. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,723 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    Yup. You can only imagine how good he could have been as a professional football player. He had it all.
  5. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Active Member

667 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    Great memory....
  6. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,759 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    The injuries and the hype about his stature. Was he good yeah but he was not what many Cowboy fans and analysts lead you to believe.
  7. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,959 Messages
    757 Likes Received
    Roy Williams (S)

Antonio Bryant

I was really high on them both and it just didn't work.

Also another guy I was just a huge fan of, and wanted to see him have a long and great career so bad, was Wayne McGarity. I don't know why but I just loved that kid and wanted to see him be great.
  8. randy932

randy932 Member

528 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Tony Romo. What a waste of 7 years.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  9. PAISAN247

PAISAN247 Member

221 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Not my favorite but i gotta send a little love to willie pyle...he laid some good hits on a few guys
  10. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,511 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    Nice clip but almost not worth watching, if only because you must also have to endure the ******** singing of Berman. Just horrible!
  11. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,432 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    Yet another potential starter to go on and be productive for another team.
  12. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,270 Messages
    520 Likes Received
    As much as I like Ware.

He came up short. He should have been a Lawrence Taylor -type game changer... And he wasn't.

Nice career with some great moments but thats it.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  13. Cowboys606

Cowboys606 Active Member

284 Messages
    25 Likes Received

Haha Alexander Wright is my name never knew they was a cowboy named that. For me it's Pat Watkins
  14. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,827 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    That doll will be TOUGH when she is not injured!
  15. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,736 Messages
    837 Likes Received
    You're listing Ware in a thread about players who didn't pan out? LOL Talk about a fan who's living in the moment. Now that he's on the downside of his career he all of a sudden didn't pan out? How could Ware have come up short when he's the Cowboys all-time leading sacker and his 20 sacks in 2008 ranks 4th all-time? LT played 13 seasons and Ware is only 15 sacks behind him after 9 seasons. There wasn't a better player drafted ahead of Ware in the 2005 NFL draft and only Aaron Rodgers ended up being a better player taken in the first round that year. You claim Ware should have been a Lawrence Taylor type game changer and if that was the case he would have been taken as high as LT was. Ware far exceeded expectations posting double digit sacks in 7 of his 9 seasons. Ware had his first double digit sack season season his second year and it took LT 4 seasons to have his first double digit sack season. Ware had 7 straight double digit sack seasons the same as LT. Had Ware been part of a talented defense like LT he would have had a bunch of game changing plays but he's been a diamond amongst trash.

Ware hasn't had a Carl Banks, Leonard Marshall, Pepper Johnson and a Harry Carson around him. The Giants won games and two championships with their defense because they had a number of solid defensive players to compliment LT. When LT came into the league he didn't have to make the transition from a down DE to a standup OLB like Ware. It's hard for any defensive player to make game changing plays when they're the only real good player on a defense that's getting toasted practically every week. The Cowboys have gone through several scheme changes and DC's over the years trying to fix the defense and nothing has worked. Below is a ranking that has Ware ranked as the 8th greatest pass rusher in NFL history. Come back after he gets voted into the HOF on the first ballot and claim he came up short.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/22351145/the-10-best-pass-rushers-of-alltime
    Rhubarb and Afigueroa22 like this.
  16. Afigueroa22

Afigueroa22 Well-Known Member

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    I can't sleep some nights knowing this undrafted guy from nowhere could not carry the worst defense in league history. I wish we had Drew Brees, he could have done it I bet.
  17. Blast From The Past

Blast From The Past Active Member

877 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    One for the ages!
  18. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,891 Messages
    1,038 Likes Received
    Doug Dennison
  19. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Member

270 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    He was the first name to come to mind when I read the title, also Pat Watkins, Julius Jones, and Miles Austin.

BTW who's your sig pic?
  20. Blast From The Past

Blast From The Past Active Member

877 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    My player would be Sherman Williams, running back out of Alabama. We traded out of the first round in the 1995 draft and picked up 2 second round picks from Tampa Bay and with the first one we chose Williams. He was a backup to Emmitt and was cut by the Cowboys twice. I thought he could be something in the NFL. Turns out I was wrong.