Favorite Troy Aikman Moment?

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by HeHateMe, Aug 5, 2006.

1. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

6,111 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    I agree

1) Slant to Harper
    2) '92 NFC championship as a whole, in the slop, 9er's DBs were doing a good job on Irvin, Harper, and Novacek. Aikman fought through the slop, went through his progressions and methodically picked apart the 9er D, lot of check downs to Emmitt but San Fran couldn't account for him. Aikman was like a surgeon.
    3) 4th quarter, 14-point comeback that Aikman engineered against the skins in (1999?) opener culminated by the play action fake perfect TD strike to Rocket.
    4) '95 NFC Championship game. That was a tough Green Bay team that was up 10 in the second half. Aikman was, as always, unflappable and calmly led the comeback en route to Lombardi #5.
    5) When Aikman raised his hand and flashed the "#1" in the SB after we clinched it. I think it was the first SB they were in? That was actually the first time Aikman had ever done that in his career. It was one of those moments that are captured and posterized for the HoF.

He truly was one of the greatest to ever play the position, anyone that argues that is an idiot. His field generalship was unquestioned. His professionalism unprecedented, his accuracy, mechanics, and decisions were usually close to perfect. His results were elite. The only stat that needs considered is 3 rings.
  2. HeHateMe

HeHateMe Displaced but Dedicated

805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That was a very close second.

I couldnt find that footage on the internet. :mad: