1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Felix Jones is dealing with soreness in both knees

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Felix Jones is dealing with soreness in both knees.

"He was dealing with a knee going into last week and hurt his other knee in the ballgame," coach Jason Garrett said after Jones missed Tuesday's practice. "It sounds like it’s feeling better and better and better and we’ll just see what his availability is over the course of the next couple of days." Fragile Felix has yet to miss a game this season, but has gotten progressively more nicked and worn down during DeMarco Murray's (foot) extended absence. A game-time decision for Dallas' Thanksgiving showdown with the Redskins, Jones will be a dicey flex option if he manages to take the field.

Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram
    Nov 20 - 10:00 PM
  2. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,139 Messages
    1,112 Likes Received
    It's no wonder he's so inconsistent. Whenever he gets something going, he gets hurt. Then he babies it (looks terrible on the field) till he feels healthier, looks good, then gets hurt. It's and endless cycle.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,993 Messages
    5,025 Likes Received
    I'm starting to wonder if we will ever get our #1 and #2 RB's healthy at the same time.
  4. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Did he go bowling too? :laugh1:
  5. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,033 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    Next season, after Felix is let go and the Cowboys draft Montee Ball.
  6. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,547 Messages
    980 Likes Received
    Felix is such a mystery. When he is 100% he is a great contributor. He just never gets to 100%
  7. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,691 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    I want to see Dunbar anyway, I like his speed. I bet he won't stumble and trip through the hole on those delayed draws. I'd like to see him get a legit shot and he just may get it tomorrow.
  8. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Did you like how Dunbar bounced outside against Atlanta (and was stuffed)? The draw was blocked perfect inside, and there was a good lane inside. That drive died. The Cowboys came out and ran the same play to start the second half, and Jones picked up 15 yards (inside).

Felix Jones went 9-39 (4.3 YPC) against Atlanta. Dallas only rushed it 17 times against a very suspect Atlanta rush defense. Dunbar rushed it 8 times in that game and went 8-26 (3.3 YPC). Dunbar had an 18 yard run on a wide open wham trap after the Cowboys pulled Jones out of the huddle. If Felix gets it 14-16 times, the Cowboys are probably going to win. Instead, they sat back and watched Turner get it 20 times. Also, Tanner was totally stuffed on 3rd and 1 at mid-field. Felix has a great shot to pick up that first down and keep a critical drive alive.

The very next week against the Eagles, Jones put up a 4.4 YPC (16-71). Dallas won the game.

The Falcons and Eagles didn't stop Jones when he was hot, because the play calling and the Dallas coaching did it for them.

Jones averages 5.9 YPC against Washington, however, he is running behind a very, very poor run blocking line. Nevertheless, I expect Jones to play and make a big difference, in probably his last Thanksgiving Day game as a Cowboy. Maybe, Jones can go to Denver or Green Bay next year and get significantly better run blocking. Denver has one of the best run blocking lines in the NFL. Plus, they have Peyton Manning.

A 16-80-1 day for Felix will probably equate to a Dallas win. Jones is certainly capable of doing that, even behind Dallas' very poor run blocking line.
  9. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,530 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    I like how Felix Jones can't hold onto a football to save his life especially being a part time back and he was tied for 1st in fumbles in 2011. That payed off dividends in the NYG game didn't it?

I also like how he also missed a blitz pickup in the CLE game for someone that is touted as a good 3rd down back.

I'm not really happy with our RB situation but these mental mistakes are just par for the course with this 2012 Dallas Cowboys team.
  10. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,972 Messages
    9,070 Likes Received
    Yep. That's why he has to be playing his final games with the Cowboys this year. We all know the talent is there, but it just isn't happening. Draft some fresh legs.
  11. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,972 Messages
    9,070 Likes Received
    I believe that's one of the signs of the end of the world.
  12. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,039 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Gotta agree here. If you can't play, it doesn't really matter how talented you are.

Looks like Dunbar and Tanner may have to be the horses for Thanksgiving. And what's up with Tanner? Did he blow a bunch of blocks or something? He's been out of the line up the last couple of games.
  13. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,139 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    i have been wondering the same thing. where has tanner been the last two games?
  14. e41dalasfan

e41dalasfan New Member

109 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I gaurentee you felix would have 100 yards easy if garrett would have kept feeding him the ball in the Atlanta game When he was getting into a rythem
  15. e41dalasfan

e41dalasfan New Member

109 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The guy has been a warrior the last couple of games.

Kinda reminds me of the Eagles booing Garcia after his 10th sack, and was getting up slow...garcia was getting killed behind that oline , but he kept going ,driving them down the field...The fans wanted to see The rookie ...what was his name A.J feely?